ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedX370 Taichi - self bricked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:28pm
Guy comes here warning about a potentially "showstopper" bug, guy gets threatened with banning.
With this attitude, I'm hoping less and less that the problems with Asrock bios will ever get sorted.
Kevin A View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:52pm
I was going to wait but....

'You' guys... as in Moderators and Tech Support have to be 'bigger' than to 'stoop' to threats or even cyber-fist-fighting with forum members or customers.

I truly know it is hard. I've been there, but you have to (using a sports analogy) let your 'game-speak-for-itself'. Take the insults. Take the criticism(just like a sports team or individual athlete). Whether fair or unfair. Just or unjust. 'Rise above it all'... and let your response(the aforementioned 'game') speak for itself.

I actually feel massively disappointed in the 4 tech support tickets I have sent in. Speaking as a customer. 2 of them I received a 'dismissive' response. 1 was ignored. 1 was a 'back and forth' that each time (Pablo) basically was saying 'screw you...'. Nothing was resolved.

vpz may not be 'tactful' and 'polite' or he may just be 'upset' and not calming down before a post/reply.

Nonetheless, AsRock's BRAND name is being crafted with each interaction with the TSD(Tech Support Department), Forum interaction with Moderators and the product itself.

Just my thoughts. I didn't 'have' to share but, I thought I should.

Edited by Kevin A - 15 May 2017 at 11:53pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:16am
Please bare in mind guys that we mods are not paid for our efforts here, we are not Tech Support. We give of our time and knowledge freely in order to help any and all who come here with issues. Now when someone shows up here angry because they have an issue things can get heated even at the best of times. Add to that context issues, not to mention cultural differences in this being a global forum and misunderstandings happen. 

Now I am not making excuses for or defending anyone here, simply providing some context. These things happen and for the record, Wardog bends over backwards to help people around here often spending an entire day trying to help a single user. We all have a trigger and when 2 people manage to hit that on the head things can get ugly. Arguments happen and in this instance it should have gone to PM long before names were called out and insults thrown. If any of you feel a moderator or any user for that matter is being offensive please take it to personal message. Ask them what they mean and give them a chance to explain themselves. More often than not these things can be resolved peacefully and frequently are rooted in misunderstanding. If a user persists in being rude or otherwise violates the code of conduct then please report it to one of the moderators (yes, even if it is one of us at fault). We take the atmosphere of these forums very seriously and strive to keep things helpful and friendly as many of you have already seen. 

So for the sake of the forums and our amazing community here, please, lets put this to bed and move on. We are here to help each other out, share experiences and enjoy the pleasant atmosphere this forum usually demonstrates. 

Edited by Xaltar - 16 May 2017 at 12:57am
Kevin A View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:03am
After reading your post, I can agree with a point or two made. Mainly "...context issues, not to mention cultural differences in this being a global forum and misunderstandings happen."

Absolute agreement there.

By the way, historically speaking, a forum allows all exchanges/challenges to be brought to the forum that a Moderator and the participants agree to. - Historically speaking. Today of course that would not allow foul language, ethnic slurs, gender slurs and the like. But would allow statements or views that may be viewed as criticism that is unfair or unjust. Again, just historically speaking.

I disagree that a moderator(for example in a school debate, college debate, political debate or otherwise) can have their 'trigger' pulled so as to allow themselves to 'sink' to an ugly level. I believe they should always 'rise above that'. Again, just my thoughts.

I also disagree with "...we are not Tech Support". Yes, Xaltar (and other Mods) you are, and more. Much more. You are just not the TSD(AsRock Tech Support Department).

I know you mentioned "... lets put this to bed and move on". I find that incredible as it is in opposition to what a forum is. A setting for continued issues, yes issues that arise again and again because it is dealing with...humans. The same issues arise yearly because each year we are still...humans. What complicates things in this forum is that the issues that a customer has can be belittled, dismissed or ignored by the TSD. So a customer choses the only other option they believe that they have... to make their voice heard in a forum. Do you have a better direction for a customer to have their issues heard? A complaints department? A name, email or address to write to? If so, I myself will jump on that today!

Edited by Kevin A - 16 May 2017 at 1:05am
vpz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:40am
Here is the deal.

While describing the issues I have been trough and asking on how to use the recovery function that is specified within the boards features this is the e-mail I have received from AsRock North American support.

Does this looks like an respectable answer from a serious company ? 

Should I feel happy with AsRock support ?

Should I feel like if that company deserves my money ?

The X370 Taichi is a great board hardware wise, I was genuinely enjoying it, I was advocating in favour of the Taichi over other boards at it's price range and above that. 
But then the bios has many problems and AsRock support is just bellow the CRAP line.

Support on here is disappointing too - It's been three pages now and mods clearly had no clue on how to answer to my question, some have instead filled the answers to my question with questions trying to find holes in my game.  I must assume that you guys have ZERO access to any inside information when it comes to AsRock products and that alone is a shame and pretty much makes this forum useless to any advanced user looking for answers that are not included within the manuals or datasheets. 
Forum seems to be only worth of anything if the regular dude needs help with the basics and that's it.

While ASUS support is not perfect you can count on ASUS rep/engineers spread all around the web finding problems and helping users with simple & advanced questions, that may be undocumented or not.

The CVIH is a single bios board, in the self bricking episode with the CVIH had you had asus people working with users to research and find a solution. They provided customers with directions, a new bios and solved the problem.

I will sure get this sad episode included on my video about the Taichi, all these posts will be available too.

Originally posted by SNIP SNIP wrote:

Edited for inappropriate conduct -Xaltar
After the issues I had with Taichi@asrock support I don't see myself buying a AsRock product again.

Edited by wardog - 16 May 2017 at 8:17am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:16am
Locked, this thread is going nowhere.

I am sorry that you did not receive the tech support you were hoping for Kevin A. If you like, please make a new thread regarding your issue and we can try to assist you further. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic