ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock H110m DVS R3.0 Bios settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock H110m DVS R3.0 Bios settings
    Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:17pm
Hello,

I have a question to the BIOS settings of my Asrock H110m DVS R3.0.

According to specification, XMP 2.0 support is given. However, I have in the bios under
DRAM Configuration no option to select this.

This option is available under the Asrock H110m DVS R2.0 board.

How can I use the XMP 2.0 function?

In addition I would like to know what the Beta Bios 1.20 for Asrock H110m DVS R3.0 as update contains?

Maybe XMP 2.0 selection?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Hamsi Hamsi wrote:

Hello,

I have a question to the BIOS settings of my Asrock H110m DVS R3.0.

According to specification, XMP 2.0 support is given. However, I have in the bios under
DRAM Configuration no option to select this.

This option is available under the Asrock H110m DVS R2.0 board.

How can I use the XMP 2.0 function?

In addition I would like to know what the Beta Bios 1.20 for Asrock H110m DVS R3.0 as update contains?

Maybe XMP 2.0 selection?

I believe the specifications for both the R2.0 and R3.0 versions of this board might have a mistake about supporting the XMP profile.

I can only tell you what I see in both board's manuals, since I don't have either of those boards. My DeskMini 110W has a similar board that uses the H110 chipset, the same chipset in both of the H110M DVS R2.0 and R3.0, and it does not support the XMP profile in the UEFI/BIOS.

You said the R2.0 version has XMP support, but I don't see an option for XMP in its manual. How do you know it supports XMP profiles?

Both the R2.0 and R3.0 boards only show DDR4 2133 memory in the Memory Support List.

Are you using the EZ Mode of the UEFI/BIOS, or the Advanced Mode? The Overview page for both boards shows an XMP Profile option in the EZ Mode screen, in the DRAM Information area in the upper left of the screen. You don't see that option in the UEFI, EZ Mode of your R3.0 board? The manual for both boards does not show an XMP option in the EZ Mode screen.

The Beta 1.20 UEFI/BIOS version for the R3.0 board adds support for Intel Kaby Lake processors, which were not supported at first, since the H110 chipset is a Skylake processor chipset. I don't know if it add an XMP option.
Hamsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:32am
Hey,

So first of all thank you for your quick reply. Please excuse my English. Im from germany and not a native english speaker.

Now to your questions:

You have the R2.0 version has XMP support, but I do not have an option for XMP in its manual. How do you know it supports XMP profiles?

With the Mainboard Rev. 2.0 it is possible with Bios version 7.10 under the settings the XMP profile to select.

You can also watch a video on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/tNj3bkz0xII

I use the Advanced Mode to try to select the XMP 2.0 Profile. Via DRAM configuration.

Regards.

Edited by Hamsi - 13 May 2017 at 1:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic