ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPU Temperature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theBitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPU Temperature
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:54am
My just completed build is on a H270M Pro4 with an i5-7 500 processor.  Believe  have good fan control achieved with some excellent help here, a lot of reading  and a lot of trial and error.

Now to be useful for controlling temperature, however I see a large difference between that  displayed in the UEFI and that displayed using A-Tuning.  With just with light use every time I check it is different .  Just did a series of 15 sec checks using the UEFI, then A-Tuning, then UEFI again and A-Tuning again - each for three minutes.  Here are the results summarized: 55-56.5 UEFI;  42-38 A-Tuning; 54.5-56 UEFI; 38-42 A-Tuning (these are ranges without any trend up or down).  I assume A-Tuning have the same code base for the have an almost identical front end interfaces.  Which temperatures should I believe?

I would love to log automatically over a period of time but have yet to locate software that accomplishes.   
theBitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theBitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:26am

I have further substantiated the difference between CPU temperatures reported by the CPU vs A-Tuning.  Have also found two other programs of value in this area, RealTemp and HRMonitor. The latter also permits monitoring  the CPU temp and fan speeds, the former has feature of logging temperatures to s csv file.

Here are results recorded for a recent fifteen minute period with the computer idling

UEFI

A-Tuning

RealTemp

HWMonitor

CPU

54.5/58.5

38/39

37/50 but most 37/45

37/52 also mostly 37/42

MB

32.3/34

No question that the UEFI reports higher temperatures for the CPU than the other three programs and the other three are close to being in agreement.  Actually neither A-Tuning nor HWMonitor logging, I suspect I am missing the highs that RealTemp records.  I am comfortable continuing to tune my fans to work load by simply ignoring the UEFI temps ??something I certainly do not understand with almost certainty that the code behind is the same for both A0Tuning and thd UEFI

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic