ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AsRock Back Plate for AM4 Fatality X370 Pro Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock Back Plate for AM4 Fatality X370 Pro Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock Back Plate for AM4 Fatality X370 Pro Gaming
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:30am
The AsRock AM4 Fatality X370 Professional Gaming motherboard (the premium AsRock AM4 board) came with a AM4 CPU back plate attached to the bottom of the motherboard(perhaps they all do, I am uncertain). One of the 'feet'(one of the four that comes thru the motherboard) that a Heat Sink or Air Cooler/AIO screws into is damaged. Does anyone know how to acquire this back plate, as AsRock TSD has been _________...(unhelpful? It is difficult to view it as simple as that so here I am posting this request)

This damaged/cracked foot surprisingly is not affecting my temps, as the other 3 feet that are screwed into are amazingly keeping my Noctua DH-14 connected and my TIM (IC Diamond) is getting complete coverage on my Ryzen R7 1800X as well as the base of the Noctua DH-14. Nonetheless, I backed down 50mhz from 4ghz to 3.95ghz just as a wise precautionary measure.

The AsRock Back Plate must have a part number to order/replace it. Anyone know?

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:03am
well im not taking mine out to look Tongue
however
as far as critical dimensions are concerned they are all the same
eg hole position and height of threaded post
the bottom plate however i would assume to be verying shapes and thickness depending on brands of board

so

if really struggling
have you looked on ebay for someones spare that was removed for water block ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
quicknick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quicknick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:13am
Do you have a picture of the damage? Maybe if you are into tinkering you can solve it yourself by drilling all the way thru and using a longer screw and a nut. And if the foot itself is damaged you can build a spacer from pretty much anything.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

Kevin, let me make a call tomorrow and see what I can come up with for you.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:51am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

Kevin, let me make a call tomorrow and see what I can come up with for you.

Too, just now I sent an email off to one of my Contacts linking back to this thread.

Worse comes to worse, I'll send you one of 7-8 Cursair AM4 AiO backplates I have here.

Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:17am
Thanks all, for the feed back. I believe either Xaltar or Wardog...or possibly both 'encouraged' the AsRock Tech Support Department.

I say that because I received not just one email but two from AsRock regarding this particular matter. I already sent them the invoice and photo needed to move the issue to resolution.

Again thanks,
I'll find out more later today or tomorrow.
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:20am
Thanks for the offer wardog, but I don't mind purchasing an original one from AsRock. Besides, it's probably for the best as CPU Back Plates can differ a bit from each other. I'd like to acquire the one for the Fatality X370 Professional Gaming.

Appreciate the offer though!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:03am
Wink
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:56am
Just an update:

Nothing as of yet, I sent over the photo of the CPU Back Plate and purchase invoice(twice, once yesterday and once today). I was awaiting confirmation regarding the $5 item AsRock support indicated would be the price.

I was hoping to get confirmation today. I'll put the Money Order in an envelope and send it anyhow tomorrow.

The CPU Back Plate arrived over the Memorial Day weekend(yesterday) and I installed it this morning. All went well...no Temps difference but that was not the point. It was just an item that needed to be repaired/addressed and now it is!

Edited by Kevin A - 30 May 2017 at 1:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic