ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 Black Screen After BIOS Exit.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronniedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 Black Screen After BIOS Exit.
    Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:23am
After "save changes and exit" in the BIOS, the mobo acts as if its going to restart and apply the changes but then it just hangs. I have to power down by either 10 seconds on the power button or unplug to shutdown and cold restart, and THEN it boots.

It hasn't done this from the start though. I am on BIOS version 2.40. It seemed to start after I was configuring the RyZen core disable settings and toggling SMT. Could that have triggered it?

How should I solve this? By either resetting bios settings to default, or go as far as to reflash by BIOS?
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:48am
ronniedude, I would suggest you boot to BIOS and  select Load UEFI defaults (F9 on my MB).  Enjoy, John.
ronniedude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronniedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:21am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

ronniedude, I would suggest you boot to BIOS and  select Load UEFI defaults (F9 on my MB).  Enjoy, John.

Thank you very much! This solved my problem! A+ to you!
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:28am
You are very welcome, ronniedude.  I am glad to help and glad you are running again.  Enjoy, John.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic