ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock x370 taichi problem???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JohnGilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock x370 taichi problem???
    Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:27pm
Hello guys,

Sorry for late update. My system is working fine now, already tested more than 3 hours. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5W3MfdFZxVjc2prMjVqbXd5ZEE/view?usp=drivesdk

So what I do was take all components one by one and try to power up the system, then I found out that my cpu was the one causing the problem. I take it out, clean the thermal paste, then put it again in socket. And boom, it got to POST. I'm not sure what the cause of that, but I have two assumptions.
1. I've put too much thermal paste (some thermal paste got into the pin, but not much only a little dot)
2. Bad installation of the cpu coolers (noctua d-15)

Well, thanks guys for coming here and give some attention to my problem. I wish you guys having a good day and good pc.
Conraire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conraire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:54am
Looking at the video, it doesn't appear that you've plugged in the 12v 8 pin CPU power cable.  It's not clear, but I don't see a cable going to the plug spot which is at the top left corner of the board between the heatsink and the I/O shroud. 

Having that plugged in is very important like Parsec said, your CPU won't power on without it. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by JohnGilbert JohnGilbert wrote:

Hello guys,

I've just build my first computer. But there is a problem. My system can't be turned on. Here is my specs:
Cpu : ryzen 1700x
Gpu : msi 1070 x
Motherboard : x370 taichi
Ram : 2x 8gb TridentZ 3200 cl14
Psu : corsair rm750i
Cpu cooler : noctua d15

So if I connect both 17 and 10 pin (motherboard 24 pin) cable to my psu, only the led on the motherboard will turn on (blinking). Then if I disconnect the 10 pin cable from my psu (only 17 pin connected), the motherboard led turns on (blinking fast), all fans rotating but slow, led on my gpu turns on (blinking too), but still I can get any POST. I made a video to make it easier to understand,
here

Is anyone can tell me what happened and what should I do to fix it? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

First, don't worry about those that are now aware of how a Seasonic designed PSU (Seasonic makes your PSU for Corsair) has the 24 pin ATX power modular cable connected to the PSU. Seasonic has used the two connector design at the PSU for the 24 pin ATX cable for years on their modular power supplies. All my modular Seasonic PSUs are built that way, due to the way the +5V and +3.3V power rails are derived from the main +12V rail.

Next, there is no reason or purpose for disconnecting the 10 or 17 pin connectors from the PSU end of the 24 pin ATX power cable. Removing the 10 pin cable simply disconnects the +5V and +3.3V rails from the mother board, and ensures the board will not start. Please connect both the 10 and 17 pin connectors of the 24 pin ATX cable to the PSU, and leave the 24 pin connector in place.

Question, do you have the 4/8 pin CPU power cable connected to the 8 pin connector on the board? That connector is in the upper right hand side of the mother board. The CPU won't start without that power cable connected. Be sure you do NOT use a PCIe video card 6/8 pin cable instead of the 4/8 pin CPU power cable.

Now please explain better what you mean by the system cannot be turned on? With the two power supply cables in place, 24 pin ATX, and 4/8 pin CPU power cable, what happens when you press the power button on the PC case?

If nothing happens, you need to check the connection of the Power button cable on the PC case to the mother board, as well as the Reset button, HDD and Power LED connections.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:41am
JohnGilbert, what are you shorting with the Allen wrench and why?  Sometime the video card fans are turning and sometime not.  Is there a bad power cable/connector?  I have never plugged/unplugged PS cables while my machine was powered up.  Don't know if this is a good idea.  Do you ever see anything but an 88 in the hex display?  Please take note of the hex readings and post them here.  The fan in front looks like it is trying to start but does not have enough voltage.  Please get a good volt meter (digital if possible) and check all the voltages at the 24 pin connector.  You should be able to push the meter prob into the wire end of the connector while it is plugged into the board.  I cannot see your 8 pin CPU power connection (ATX12v1) or you CPU fan connection.  Make sure both are connected.  I would suggest that you plug in both ends of the required PS cables in their proper sockets and leave them put.  Remove the AC power cable from the PS and wait a few seconds.  Plug AC into the PS and use the power on switch and power up the machine.  You could make a video then, including the hex display at first, then all over so we can see all cables and the SSD and memory.  Good luck and enjoy, John.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:05am
im confused
there is no 17 pin or 10 pin
you need
the 24 pin mainboard power (below ram slots)
and the 8 pin cpu extra power (top left corner )
and then the 6 or 8 pin gpu power (on the graphics card)
check all these are connected
then disconnect any hard drives/dvd etc
check and recheck the front panel connectors (pwr led /hd led/reset/pwr/ )
disconnect front usb and audio connectors
reseat the ram sticks
make sure you use slot a2 and b2 for ram
reseat the graphics card
check cpu fan is connected to the cpu fan header
press power button and wait for upto 2 mins for the first initial boot (the first one takes ages to go into bios) while the system does its initial self test
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:56am
Hi,

Here is the link again https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5W3MfdFZxVjMHc3ZFcyWkRCRFU/view?usp=drivesdk

Hmm I mean the 24 pin cable / atx power cable,it has 24 pin on motherboard side and 17 & 10 pin on the psu side.
*LED on front panel is on but blinking (if I connect the 17 pin only).
*nothing on monitor
*if I remove my graphics card, how can I even get a POST? Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphic card, right?
*the computer is new and can't even turned on, so I can't get into bios or make any changes.
*there is a new Samsung 850 evo installed.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:32am
JohnGilbert, message from video link:
Sorry, unable to open the file at this time.

Can you check the voltages in the 24 pin connector?  BTW, what is the 17 pin connector?  Does the power LED on the front panel light?  Anything on the monitor?  If not, try removing the video card.  Have you opened the BIOS?  Made any changes?  Can you get into the BIOS?  If so, go to the Monitor tab and see what the voltages and temperatures are.  Any HDDs/SSDs?  Good luck and enjoy, John.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:08am
Hello guys,

I've just build my first computer. But there is a problem. My system can't be turned on. Here is my specs:
Cpu : ryzen 1700x
Gpu : msi 1070 x
Motherboard : x370 taichi
Ram : 2x 8gb TridentZ 3200 cl14
Psu : corsair rm750i
Cpu cooler : noctua d15

So if I connect both 17 and 10 pin (motherboard 24 pin) cable to my psu, only the led on the motherboard will turn on (blinking). Then if I disconnect the 10 pin cable from my psu (only 17 pin connected), the motherboard led turns on (blinking fast), all fans rotating but slow, led on my gpu turns on (blinking too), but still I can get any POST. I made a video to make it easier to understand,
here

Is anyone can tell me what happened and what should I do to fix it? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic