ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird X370 Pro Gaming problems after updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicheron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird X370 Pro Gaming problems after updates
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:09am
Everything was working fine until I updated some drivers through the Asrock APP shop, I don't remember which drivers, and I downloaded F-Stream and the RGB software.

I turned off the RGB lighting through the RGB software, which crashed that program, and changed some fan speeds through F-Stream.

Now my PC will not wake from sleep. And after I turn it off and back on again, it won't even POST. I have to reset the CMOS to get it running again. But then everything runs fine until I put it in sleep and the same thing happens again. I clear the CMOS and everything runs fine again until I put it in sleep. Dr. Debug displays the code 63 70 03 14 dE Ad when I try to wake it from sleep.

There are also RAM issues after that update. I have the Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB 3200 mhz CMK16GX4M2B3200C16, which I know is not on the supported list, but it's worked fine for several weeks, although I was never able to get it to run faster than 2666 mhz, with 16-18-18-18-36 time and 1.35v. But now I have to lower the frequency to 1866 mhz or half the RAM will be hardware reserved.

I have updated to the latest UEFI. I've tried reinstalling everything. I tested the memory when I first assembled the PC and it's fine. I am not overclocking anything.

My specs:

CPU: Ryzen 1700X
Motherboard: Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB 3200 mhz CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
SSD: Samsung PM961 1TB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
HDD: HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3 TB
GPU: Asus DUAL-GTX1070-O8G GeForce GTX 1070
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2

Edited by vicheron - 25 May 2017 at 6:10am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:56am
vicheron, you may have gotten the latest chipset drivers.  I suggest you look at your System's Power Plan and try adjusting it if you indeed have the new one that came with the chipset drivers.  I also suggest you stop using Sleep mode till this is sorted out.  Good luck and enjoy, John.
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:23am
Additionally you may wish to 'load bios' defaults then check to ensure the 'power efficiency' options are not disabled.

Mainly under the bios area 'Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> C6 Mode(verify not disabled)'.

Also 'Advanced -> AMD CBS -> ZEN Command OPtions -> C-State Control(verify not disabled)'.

Finally...I never use OS software to disable RGB functions, I use the BIOS. That option is under the area 'Tools -> RGB LED(set it to off/disabled)'.

If issues persists you may need to re-flash your UEFI/Bios. If issues still persist re-flash to ver 2.20 to see if the issues have been corrected with an earlier BIOS, then step back to ver 2.30 if you wish.

On my Fatality X370 Professional Gaming I do not have any issues putting my AMD workstation(nor my INTEL) to sleep even with an add on LSI RAID controller, so I am thankful for that as I use the sleep function frequently. Even works with the AMD Ryzen Power Plan, instead of the Balanced or High plan options.

Edited by Kevin A - 25 May 2017 at 8:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic