ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 - Taichi or Fatal1ty Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosanbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 - Taichi or Fatal1ty Pro
    Posted: 29 May 2017 at 3:14am
Hi what is the difference? Which is better and why?

As far as I can see... there are only 2 differences
The FGP (Fatal1ty Gaming Pro) has 5Gb LAN
Taichi 1 Gb Lan

The FGP has support for Creative Soundblaster cinema 3
The Taichi supports Purity Sound 4 & DTS connect.

When would I use a LAN at home?

Does that mean the Taichi cannot use Creative Soundblaster cinema 3 ?
And what is "DTS connect"?

Or does it mean that Creative SBC3 / Purity Sound 4 are built onto the respective mobos ? And they are slightly different in sound capabilities?

If the LAN is not going to be used, then the difference is purely down to onboard sound is that right?

As an aside, why would I want 10 x SATA3 ?

And the onboard wifi... is the purpose of this so that you can put it in any room in the house not having to run a phone line to that room? Just checking I got it right, there's no other reason for it is there?

Edited by Rosanbo - 29 May 2017 at 3:15am
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 3:46am
Other than the differences that you listed, the AM4 Fatality X370 Professional Gaming also has the Power and Reset buttons on the motherboard for troubleshooting, overclocking and such. Additionally the physical heat sinks for the motherboards are different even though the power phase/vrm layout is identical. It appears the AM4 F-X370-PG has a slightly more 'beefy' heat sink design over it's little brother, the X370 Taichi.

Nonetheless, the Taichi is FAR more popular and therefore has received FAR more attention, reviews and support.

I am not an 'audiophile' however the sound and microphone(condenser) on my AM4 F-X370-PG is truly amazing with my Sennheiser headphones. Literally the best I've ever heard. I'm tempted to invest(late this year) in the sound equipment to truly enjoy what it offers.

The massive amount of SATA ports are for those who are looking for media replication systems, RAID(entry) array systems(either hardware or OS) and such.

The network connectivity just covers all bases, apparently including Bluetooth as well. -admittedly that one is something I haven't even tried myself.

Update: 05 29 2017
Also the F-X370-PG has slightly more 'onboard' LED's.
Also the F-X370-PG comes with an 'enhanced' USB Fatality Mouse port that increases Mouse precision. (Manual gives spec's)

Edited by Kevin A - 30 May 2017 at 12:26am
GenesisDoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GenesisDoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 4:26am
The Taichi is great, very high-quality VRM and hardware for the price. I only have a couple complaints: 

1) No Dual Bios
2) Silicon Motion controller SSD won't detect unless you do a full shutdown and then power back up. So if I want to access my Mushkin Reactor SSD, I have to shutdown in Windows and then power the system back on which is very annoying. In my Intel rig this same Mushkin SSD detects fine every bootup.
3) Slow 4K speeds on my Samsung 960 EVO. In my Intel rig I get much faster 4K speeds in crystalmark with the same drive.

Besides that it's a great board for the money.
Taichi X370, Ryzen 1700 @ 4ghz, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Ram, Samsung 960 EVO nvme, Intel 600P nvme, 2TB Seagate HDD, 2TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Mushkin SSD, GTX 1080
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 4:12am
In addition to the update on my last post I found one more difference that I actually might use - after I read up more on it.

It's Ultra USB Power on the ports(USB No.5 port and USB No.6 port) below the 5gb RJ45 connection.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic