ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Killer SLI/ac chip set flashes red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sowport22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 Killer SLI/ac chip set flashes red
    Posted: 31 May 2017 at 11:33am
I have a new z270 SLI/ac Ultra M.2 PC/e Gen3 x4 motherboard with EVGA Gforce GTX 980Ti Hybrid video card and Intel i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80 GHz and 16.0 GB RAM.  I am running Windows 10 with 2 BENQ GL2760H monitors.

Problem:  Motherboard chip set slowly flashes red.  Also, computer shuts down when under a load (ESO Morrowind Ultra High Settings).

CPU Temperature never exceeds 61 C.  CPU is water cooled.
GPU Temperature never exceeds 40 C.

What is the meaning of the slow red flashing chip set?

Could this be the reason for the computer shutting down under a load?
Sowport22
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 5:36pm

Dear Sowport22,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, the motherboard chipset flash red is chipset RGB LED; you can control the LED color and style by ASRock AURA RGB LED utility.

Download link: http://www.asrock.com.tw/mb/Intel/Z270%20Killer%20SLIac/index.asp#osW1064

About the system shut down problem, we provide some suggestion.

1.      Please load BIOS default to check if the system can work properly.

Please press Del during POST to get into BIOS, press F9 to load BIOS default, press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

2.      Please check your power supply is connected well, and all power cable is connected properly.

3.      Please only install CPU, one stick memory, and system hard disk drive to check if the system can work properly.

4.      Please install one stick memory on A1, B1, A2, and B2 to check if the system can work properly.

5.      Please change another memory to try step 4.

6.      Please reapply your CPU thermal grease, reinstall your CPU and check if your CPU socket pin is fine.

7.      Please change another power supply to check if the system can work fine.

8.      Please try to reinstall your operating system to check.

9.      If possible, please change another CPU to check if the system can work properly.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by sowport22 sowport22 wrote:

I have a new z270 SLI/ac Ultra M.2 PC/e Gen3 x4 motherboard with EVGA Gforce GTX 980Ti Hybrid video card and Intel i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80 GHz and 16.0 GB RAM.  I am running Windows 10 with 2 BENQ GL2760H monitors.

Problem:  Motherboard chip set slowly flashes red.  Also, computer shuts down when under a load (ESO Morrowind Ultra High Settings).

CPU Temperature never exceeds 61 C.  CPU is water cooled.
GPU Temperature never exceeds 40 C.

What is the meaning of the slow red flashing chip set?

Could this be the reason for the computer shutting down under a load?

As said above, that's just the RGB LEDs around the chipset heatsink, purely for appearance. Haven't you noticed the new RGB lighting features on so many PC components?

The only problem is the PC shutting down for some reason.

What are you using to monitor CPU and GPU temperatures?

Water cooled with what? AIO or custom? If it's not work right, any CPU cooler will fail. Pump speed Ok?

How can the GPU be only at 40C when gaming? Seems very low even for liquid cooled.

What PSU are you using?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic