ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 - Crucial memory support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3duo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 - Crucial memory support
    Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:03am
I bought a Ryzen 5 CPU, and before deciding on the motherboard, for which I am limited with µATX and ITX, I wanted to know whether the mentioned board will support my Ram at full speed 2666Mhz.

The  Memory QVL is rather lacking for Crucial memory. Is it an indication that there is bad compatibility?

I've got following kit:

Ballistix Tactical 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM  -  BLT2K8G4D26AFTA
It's dual-ranked memory as far as I know.

Additionally I want to know whether the P-state overclocking is working properly. I don't want the CPU running at max. Core voltage all the time, and P-state OC is the only way I know to work around this issue.
Is there even an offset mode for non OC?

I'd wish there were more high quality boards for smaller form factors now. I cannot wait around 2 months until Asrock releases its Fatality ITX mainboard.

Cheers
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:28am
Originally posted by p3duo p3duo wrote:

I bought a Ryzen 5 CPU, and before deciding on the motherboard, for which I am limited with µATX and ITX, I wanted to know whether the mentioned board will support my Ram at full speed 2666Mhz.

The  Memory QVL is rather lacking for Crucial memory. Is it an indication that there is bad compatibility?

I've got following kit:

Ballistix Tactical 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM  -  BLT2K8G4D26AFTA
It's dual-ranked memory as far as I know.

Additionally I want to know whether the P-state overclocking is working properly. I don't want the CPU running at max. Core voltage all the time, and P-state OC is the only way I know to work around this issue.
Is there even an offset mode for non OC?

I'd wish there were more high quality boards for smaller form factors now. I cannot wait around 2 months until Asrock releases its Fatality ITX mainboard.

Cheers

Did you use Crucial's memory compatibility checker that is on the very page in your link above?

If you did, you would see that Crucial does not say it is compatible with the ASRock AB350M Pro4 board. But Crucial does offer a list of compatible memory for your board after you run the compatibility check. This is the resulting list:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//ab350m-pro4

Quite a few options supplied by Crucial.

Although Crucial does not say the Ballistic Tactical memory is compatible, we've seen other brands of memory that are said not to be compatible with Ryzen system, work with them to varying degrees. Unless someone that specifically has the same board, CPU, and memory can tell you either way, I cannot predict if it will work at all or not, or work at lower speeds than 2666, etc.

On the other hand, a website created by Ryzen users has information about DDR4 memory that is said to be compatible with Ryzen, the site is called RyMem. Interestingly, it looks like the single DIMM kit of your memory was said to be compatible by some user, check the BLT8G4D26AFTA entry in this page:

http://rymem.vraith.com/specific/5

Memory compatibility with Ryzen is still filled with uncertainty, and AMD is still providing updates to the processor microcode used in the UEFI/BIOS to improve memory compatibility. No specifics are provided by AMD regarding compatible memory models and these updates. The third update was just released by AMD, and will be

I don't know if P-State over clocking works or is available as an option on the AB350M Pro4. But I do know that enabling Cool n Quiet and C States on my ASRock X370 board with a Ryzen 1700X, will reduce the VCore at idle to as low as ~0.4V. You'll need a good monitoring program to show that result, HWiNFO64 does that with my board.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic