ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double Boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HewJazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double Boot
    Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 7:10pm
Hey , hoping someone can help me with an annoying problem.  I have an ASRock AB350M PRO4 and Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHZ C15.

I am able to boot at 3000Mhz through XMP with the 2.4 Bios.  I checked with cpuz in Windows 10 and I am indeed running the ram at 3000 with no problems.  Only thing is, when I reboot, the system turns itself on and off 5 times then resets to 2133.  I  have to reboot again after escaping the bios and then it goes back to 3000Mhz.  So in other words, I must do a double reboot everytime I reset or  power up my system in order to get my 3000MHz ram speed.

I tried different ram slots but find slots 2 and 4 works best.  Any idea whats up with this?  Anything I can do aside from downclocking my ram to 2666 to avoid having to double boot?  I tried the new bios 2.5 but with that, I can not run my ram past 2133.  2.4 seems to be the best bios at the moment.  I appreciate any help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic