ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ryzen Max Precision Boost not work on your Games;)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen Max Precision Boost not work on your Games;)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen Max Precision Boost not work on your Games;)
    Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:15am
Originally posted by RyuzenFX RyuzenFX wrote:

>You have three thread you've now posted in so it's hard to keep up.
i'm sorry :(

NP. I can appreciate attacking this on three different fronts. Sorta kindas. If I had had a problem you'd have been the first to know it Wink Big smile

A response I made in another of your threads:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5388&PID=31350&title=ryzen-large-pages-not-compatible-on-windows-10#31350
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by RyuzenFX RyuzenFX wrote:

17.00 no LP = non Large pages benchmark
17.00 no LP = non Large pages benchmark
17.00 no LP = non Large pages benchmark
Important things say 3 times.

Yes, they are.

But I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

You should read this post by the 7zip Author and then inquire of him why this is happening. When you do, consider CCX and memory latencies.

https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/15d1ec61/?limit=25#2f21

As you state above, I too am leaning towards this being Ryzen "associated'. But only for the major departure architecturally wise Ryzen represents from prior generations of processors, AMD or Intel.

edit: placed " " surrounding associated. "associated'

Edited by wardog - 22 Jun 2017 at 12:17am
RyuzenFX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyuzenFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

You have three thread you've now posted in so it's hard to keep up.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest AMD All-in-One driver(s), 17.10 ?

Scroll to the bottom of the info section of the below page to "AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers"
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

During installing the 17.10 drivers will install and properly set AMD's Ryzen Balanced Power Plan.

I have latest AMD All-in-One driver(s), 17.10 and properly set AMD's Ryzen Balanced Power Plan...

This is Ryzen Design bug, not my problem
Command Prompt(RUN as Administrator), copy/ paste these lines

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 -ATTRIB_HIDE
Processor performance core parking min cores
Value: 25%

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR ea062031-0e34-4ff1-9b6d-eb1059334028 -ATTRIB_HIDE
Processor performance core parking max cores
Value: 75%

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR f735a673-2066-4f80-a0c5-ddee0cf1bf5d -ATTRIB_HIDE
Processor performance core parking concurrency headroom threshold
Value: 100%

Theoretically, conditions reach of Max Turbo/Max Precision Boost (CPU0~3 active, CPU4~7 force core parking)

>You have three thread you've now posted in so it's hard to keep up.
i'm sorry :(

Edited by RyuzenFX - 21 Jun 2017 at 6:28pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 7:36am
You have three thread you've now posted in so it's hard to keep up.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest AMD All-in-One driver(s), 17.10 ?

Scroll to the bottom of the info section of the below page to "AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers"
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

During installing the 17.10 drivers will install and properly set AMD's Ryzen Balanced Power Plan.

RyuzenFX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyuzenFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:58am
OC P-state not perfect solution.
You can also say "You can OC" to Ryzen Pro , B320 mobo or Notebook users? u not

Edited by RyuzenFX - 21 Jun 2017 at 6:01am
RyuzenFX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyuzenFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:08am
Update: Ryzen 1800X boost with SVM enabled

Ryzen Max Precision Boost is working on a Applications not on your Games ;)