ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350M Pro4: When Powered Off, Turns Off and On
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4: When Powered Off, Turns Off and On

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
makrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4: When Powered Off, Turns Off and On
    Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 5:44am
It seems as though the bootloop problem was solved by resetting the BIOS. Hopefully it doesn't come back. Thanks for letting me know about the reset button wardog. Does this mean the power button or "save and exit" are the only suitable ways to power off or reset the pc?

Also, I am still having the issue of the windows 10 install and the bios not detecting my m.2 960 evo 500gb ssd in EITHER m2_1 or m2_2 ports. This was the exact same problem a buddy of mine had before he returned his board, so I don't think either part is bricked. 

Edited by makrm - 23 Jun 2017 at 5:47am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 5:44am
Originally posted by makrm makrm wrote:

When it boots up fine, I get the Asrock Sapphire logo, and then it loads into the BIOS. However, when I hit "save and exit", hit the power button, or hit the reset button, the PC shuts, off, but after a few seconds, the lights on the mobo come back on, fans kick it, and it shuts off again without sending a signal to the monitor. It then repeats this cycle until I turn off the PSU for about 10 seconds. 

Don't use the Power or Reset button to exit the BIOS. That's a fast way to a bricked board. After Save and Exit the computer will save the BIOS config and reboot all its ow. Let it do this.

This above sounds like Ryzens Memory Training happening. At times it WILL act/seem like it's got a mind of it's own and restart w/o video three sometimes more times.

If I read the quoted post of yours here in this msg above, that's what it sounds like is happening. Not the threads title of "When Powered Off, Turns Off and On".

Edited by wardog - 23 Jun 2017 at 5:45am
makrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 5:28am
When it boots up fine, I get the Asrock Sapphire logo, and then it loads into the BIOS. However, when I hit "save and exit", hit the power button, or hit the reset button, the PC shuts, off, but after a few seconds, the lights on the mobo come back on, fans kick it, and it shuts off again without sending a signal to the monitor. It then repeats this cycle until I turn off the PSU for about 10 seconds. 
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:15am
makrm, when it boots up fine, what are you booting into and from what?  Your title says "turns off and on".  Does the power actually go off then back on or does the PC just keep rebooting?  I am hoping someone has seen this before and will reply.  Please search the forum for such symptoms.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
makrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:45am
Thanks again John. I will try to tackle this problem first, but on first boot (after turning the PSU back on) the computer boots up completely fine. It is one when it is turned off or reset using the power button or reset button respectively, it then goes into this bootloop. 
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:09am
makrm, what do you mean by:
Quote but when you hit save and exit the powerbutton, or the reset button,

The reset button will not turn the power off, just reset and restart your PC.  Really, I have no clue.  These are really strange symptoms.  I do think you need to solve this problem before you attack the SSD problem.  It might be useful to remove the SSD and see if the machine boots properly.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
makrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:47am
Whenever I turn the PC off (using the power button or reset button), the mobo turns on and off constantly, and doesn't load the BIOS or anything. It can only be stopped by turning the PSU off (for more than 10-ish seconds) and then turning it back on. 

The mobo works fine on the first boot (turning on the PSU and then using the power button) and loads the BIOS, but when you hit save and exit the powerbutton, or the reset button, it goes into this bootloop and I have no idea what the problem is. 

If it helps, here are the parts I use:

MOBO: AB350M Pro 4
CPU: Ryzen 1700
PSU: Seasonic M1211 Bronze Certified 660W
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 gb 3200mHz CAS 16
Memory: 960 Evo - m.2 NVMe 500gb SSD (is not detected by BIOS or windows install, see http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5401&PID=31436&#31436).
GPU: Sapphire Pulse OC RX 560 2gb
WIFI: TP-LINK AC-1900 PCIE WIFI Card (i don't think it is plug-and-play, need to install drivers after windows)

Edited by makrm - 23 Jun 2017 at 1:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic