FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEED a bios to support FX 9590

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED a bios to support FX 9590
    Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:45pm
rtoledo2002, read your two PMs I sent.

re: Best motherboard for that 9590 of yours
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:04am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Nightbird Nightbird wrote:

This is the cpu support list
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20990FX%20Killer/?cat=CPU

A 83xx will work but...i quote Asrock "for cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design."

I'll do one better and say it REQUIRES water-cooling. I have a 990FX Extreme9/FX9590 and the processor, rated at 220W, will run much higher.

AMD FX-9000 Series Installation Manual
http://www.amd.com/Documents/FX-9000-Installation-Guide.pdf

The 9590 is a toasty chip. For fun I posted some 5GHz screenies here in the Achievements thread, doing 5.0GHz on all eight cores.

edit: add install guided from AMD
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Nightbird Nightbird wrote:

A 83xx will work but...i quote Asrock "for cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design."

I'll do one better and say it REQUIRES water-cooling. I have a 990FX Extreme9/FX9590 and the processor, rated at 220W, will run much higher.

The 9590 is a toasty chip. For fun I posted some 5GHz screenies here in the Achievements thread, doing 5.0GHz on all eight cores.
Nightbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:49am

rtoledo2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtoledo2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 4:39am
OK  I was NOT aware of that.  I'm getting too old for this.   MB  manufacturers make these boards 4 or 5 of them , and no where do they say , this item won't handle over so many watts.

Well since this monster is a 220W   guess I'm going to try and return it to Newegg, but somehow with all the money I have spent with them for the last 2o plus years  I think they might not like it 

wish me luck.   do the 8x  series like the 8500 FX's   work on this board ??   like 8530 ?  that runs at 4.0 ?

let me know if you know thanks
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 3:36am
You're aware the 990FX Killer has been found to not support processors above 140w, right?

Your now knowing that, let me see if I have my Killer setup files here somewhere on a backup. No promises though ...........
rtoledo2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtoledo2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 2:00am
HI   everybody I just bought a AMD FX 9590  and all 3 motherboards I own with the LATEST bios  all say no to the new Processor .

My rig usues the 990FX Killer/A/ASRK   IT has the latest 1.60 bios   and boots up just fine into the BLACK  BIOS   screen   and tells me   CPU not in CPU list.    

I tried this on one of my sons computer with a GYGABYTE   MB , it currently has a FX 8 core running at 4.2    but when it sees this 4.7 it just panicks too and gives me the same  this CPU not found.

I was going to try my other son  that has a MSI  , but he's ALWAYS gaming with buddies in NY .   I have had BAD  luck with this ASROCK as far as overclocking went with my 6 core VISHERA running at 3.8.

anyone have any ideas about a new bios ?    let me know please.  I left my email visible 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic