ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird noise from my graphics card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird noise from my graphics card
    Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:21am
Hello everybody. I'm having an issue with my graphic card. The model is Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8Gb. When I start some games, she start to make a buzzing sound. It stop when I quit the game. Also, when I unplug the display port, the sound sound like tick. I have it since 3 month and she has started to make this sound like 1 week ago. I just want to make sure that its not dangerous

Sorry if my english is not perfect
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:10pm
RumbleP, I have no answer for you but strongly recommend that you contact Sapphire Technical Support.  Please let us know what you learn.  Good luck and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Heyitsaaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heyitsaaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:01pm
Sounds like you have a case of coil whine. Contact Saphire pronto.
Star_Pilgrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star_Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 8:29pm
Could it be the Display port audio (same as HDMI has audio)?

Can you disable all sound devices you have in the volume audio panel?

Just in case it is something stupid like this. :)
(happened to me once).

Edited by Star_Pilgrim - 28 Jun 2017 at 8:29pm
Liddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:23pm
I have the exact same issue, for me it certainly seems like coil whine.

I first noticed it exiting Unigine Valley has the FPS jumps way up when exiting the game.

The buzz for me seems to be directly related to both the demand of the game and the frame rate.

In PUBG I was sitting around 120fps in the menu and it the buzz was really audible, I capped the FPS to 71 and the buzz reduced with that.

If you're using freesync try to limit you FPS within the freesync range and see if it makes a difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic