ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 - Bios 2.50 - Issues with OC.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sobekite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:33am
Parsec, thanks for the detailed response. 

1. When I have the memory at 2400 (dual channel 2x8) and 2.50 UEFI version and I do NOT OC the cpu, I can successfully boot and go into Windows, totally stable.

2. I don't have access to voltage modes, only core CPU frequency and vcore voltage, unless i'm missing some kind of advanced configuration menu in the UEFI. 

3. When OCing with Ryzen Master, I used 1.28v, as it was one of the voltages I noticed the bios was using when I OC'd it on the shipped bios (which only had target freq and everything else auto'd). 

4. Thank you for this. It explains alot of the strange voltages, which i'm now noticing on stock. Will update CPU-Z. 

5. In the screenshot i'm using bios 2.50 and OCing to 3.8 on 1.28 in Ryzen Master. 

Will have to take a look at the voltage reading from bios like you mentioned. I can still OC from Ryzen Master successfully and run various benchmarks for stability, but the downside is having to run Ryzen Master in the first place. It seems to take up 10-15% CPU utilization even while static, and it's settings seem to reset after waking from sleep.  

Is reflashing the bios with 2.50 possible, or maybe rolling back to 2.40? When I tried 3.5 ghz at 1.28v it didn't boot. Could that potentially have caused it (from what I've read it should be stable at 3.5 easily.)? 

Worse case scenario I'll wait for another bios update, no big deal. 

Edited by sobekite - 27 Jun 2017 at 9:35am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by sobekite sobekite wrote:

2. I don't have access to voltage modes, only core CPU frequency and vcore voltage, unless i'm missing some kind of advanced configuration menu in the UEFI.

You are. Change the top line under OC Tweaker from Auto to Manual.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:41am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by sobekite sobekite wrote:

You are. Change the top line under OC Tweaker from Auto to Manual.

Then again, maybe not.

Originally posted by In the AM350M Pro4 manual is In the AM350M Pro4 manual is wrote:

Because the UEFI software is constantly being updated, the following UEFI setup
screens and descriptions are for reference purpose only, and they may not exactly
match what you see on your screen.

sobekite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sobekite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:44am
Hmm, I'll see if i can post a picture. I've set it to manual and only have CPU Freqeuncy (Mhz) and then CPU voltage (V) which defaults to 3.200 and 1.25000, with SMT turned on. 

Directly below that it's SMT mode disable/enable and then goes into XMP settings. 

Edited by sobekite - 27 Jun 2017 at 9:48am
Zach1928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 5:15am
I know this is old, but was there a resolution for this? I'm experiencing the same thing on the ATX version of the B350.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic