ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASMedia 106x Driver - Remove Hardware???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASMedia 106x Driver - Remove Hardware???
    Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 7:40am
Remove Hardware???

I have the AsRock z77 Extreme 4, with Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
On the SATA 3 Intel Ports are installed 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo and on the other a HDD Seagate
1000 GB.
Being that my other HDD has Windows XP SP3 x32 and I installed it on the other SATA 3 GB AS-Media Port.
I installed the latest version of the ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI Driver.
Then I started to have a Problem because an Icon appears to Remove Hardware and my HDD is listed under "Devices and Printers"
as if it were an External HDD, but not External HDD and Internal because it is installed in the SATA 3.0 ASMedia Port.
Except this Icon never appeared before.
It only appeared for External Removable Devices, like External HDD, Pendriver.
How do I make this Icon disappear from there?
Or how do you do it, so Windows recognizes My HD on this Sata 3.0 ASMedia Port and prevents
it from being Removed?
Because the Intel Sata Ports already work perfectly well with Intel RST installed.

Any solution?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:44am
First, please do not double post your issue in another thread, and then create your own thread. You posted this same post in a thread about a different issue with the Z77 Extreme4 board that is completely unrelated to your situation.

On which OS installation did you install the ASMedia SATA driver, you did not specify. Was that on the Windows 7 installation, or the Windows XP installation?

I assume it was on the Windows 7 installation, since Windows XP does not support AHCI.

When you first connected your HDD with Windows XP to the ASMedia SATA port, you did not see the Remove Hardware icon shown for that HDD, correct? At that time, the default Windows 7 AHCI driver, msahci, was automatically installed by Windows 7.

My point is the Remove Hardware icon being displayed is caused by using the ASMedia SATA driver. Windows has had this situation with the ASMedia SATA driver, even with the latest version. As you will see, this is really an option.

Please check this: Open Device Manager, and then open Disk Drives. Open the Properties for the HDD connected to the ASMedia SATA port. Click on the Policies tab.

You should see an option that is something like, "Enable quick removal", which has its box checked. That is enabled now. Uncheck the Enable quick removal option. Click OK at the bottom of that window. Since you are using Windows 7, you will need to restart Windows before disabling this option will be applied.

Sometimes, setting the Enable quick removal option to disabled does not work. If it doesn't, you could change back to the Microsoft msahci AHCI driver.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic