ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi C0 Bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mraoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi C0 Bug
    Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
Not sure what triggers this issue, but I ran into this recently with my X370 Taichi + 1700X. Basically, the machine would not reboot and would hang on a 'C0' error code, forcing me to power the machine off completely any time I wanted to reboot. This error code is not listed in the Dr. Debug code list, so I have no clue what it indicates. Clearing/Resetting the CMOS seems to have fixed it, but since I don't know what the trigger is, it might come back.

Has anybody else run into this? Or at least know what the C0 debug code means?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:07am
I'll toss this out here, this is from some AMI docs I have here

C0 = Early CPU Init Start -- Disable Cache ??Init Local APIC

This c0 comes up here, rarely.

Try this.

Go into the BIOS and choose Reset to UEFI Defaults, then Save and Exit. Do this twice please. Each time allowing it to go/boot into the OS.

Afterward, and using Instant Flash from WITHIN the BIOS, re-flash your current BIOS revision.

Post back after a/the time you are accustomed to it doing this issue please.

Edited by wardog - 06 Jul 2017 at 1:08am
Mraoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mraoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:45am
I mentioned in my post -- resetting the UEFI (via jumper) fixed the issue.

I originally flashed the EFI using the flash utility within the UEFI, but, I'll re-flash it, anyway, when I get a chance. Not sure how to reproduce this, so I guess I'll just have to watch and see if it pops up.

Kinda unrelated, but when I updated to 2.4, I'd experience a 99 debug code hang (it would add ~5 seconds to boot time). As far as I can tell this would be triggered by trying to choose a boot device by using F11 to open the boot menu. After doing that once, the bug would appear on every boot. Only resetting the EFI would fix it. I'm wondering, given that and this issue, if the flash didn't properly take ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic