ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

unable to setup duel monitors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlfeming10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unable to setup duel monitors
    Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:59am
I just built a new computer last week and tried to setup my second monitor today but had some problems. First off the monitor im using works only when connected into my GPU, when connected to motherboard it doesn't work.

I tried to load up the asrock uefi and see if i could figure it out to no avail. Then according to google under north or south port configuation i should have the option to choose if monitors will run off gpu or motherboard but there is nothing there ? also i read that there should be a display tab somewhere in my uefi where i can pick/adjust display but i cant find it anywhere...Im a noob and this is my first build so some help would be appreciated. any more info needed or questions just ask and hopefully i can get this figured out

thanks
tom
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:41am
the first thing is we need to know what motherboard/cpu combo

if this is a new ryzen system then it will not work using the mainboard graphics output because
ryzen dosnt have any gpu built into it (the mainboard port is for future cpu/gpu combos not yet on sale

so if you want to run dual monitors you need to connect BOTH to the graphics card
which will then need us to know what graphics card model and brand so we can advise what ports to use

then........ we'll need info on the two monitors connectors and which is to be your main one

its not too complicatedto do , just you need to tell us whats in your box
so ..........
what mainboard model ?
what cpu model ?
what monitors ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
tlfeming10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlfeming10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:38am
thanks datonyb, i was trying to have one in motherboard and one in graphics card.
when i read your post and it said about not being able to do this i know i needed to get one of the other plugins to fit into my video card, so i got myself a displayport to hdmi cord and now it all works fine.

thanks again
cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic