ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ab350m 3pin fan control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuelcro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ab350m 3pin fan control
    Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:35pm
Hello guys. I need help. I can not find a way to control the speed of my 2 corsair sp 120 led fans. They are both 3pin fans, one is connected to the cha fan1(4pin connector) the other to the cha fan2(3pin connector). Is there a way to turn on dc fan control in the bios? They both work at full speed and it is annoying as hell. Please if anyone knows how to slow them down... Help.
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:13pm
I think that your mobo does not support fan speed control for 3-pin fans. You could try buying an external fan controller.
manuelcro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuelcro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:28pm
I was affraid it will turn out that way. Well, I guess i will return the fans and get one 3 pin 600rpm and one pwm fan. Thank you
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by manuelcro manuelcro wrote:

Hello guys. I need help. I can not find a way to control the speed of my 2 corsair sp 120 led fans. They are both 3pin fans, one is connected to the cha fan1(4pin connector) the other to the cha fan2(3pin connector). Is there a way to turn on dc fan control in the bios? They both work at full speed and it is annoying as hell. Please if anyone knows how to slow them down... Help.

Is that the AB350M Pro4, or the AB350M?

Regardless, check this page and click on the "Which fan type can I use on AM4 motherboard..." entry, which will show a table about the fan speed control options for all the ASRock AM4 boards.

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/AM4TSD/

The AB350M Pro4 should be able to control a three pin fan on the CHA_FAN1 header. Did you check the UEFI/BIOS to see which fan speed profile is active, it may be set to Full On.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic