ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temp. fluctuations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cain-JzzFzzL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temp. fluctuations
    Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:00pm
Dear All,

I have weird temperature fluctuations. 

My current setup is:
AMD 1600
Asrock B350 Fatal1ty K4, with AGESA 1006
Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim Cooler

Even at stock speeds, my temperatures jump from 32-33 degrees Celsius (relatively idle) to 42-43 degrees celsius. After which it drops down again...

This seems to be the case for stock speeds, as well as when overclocked to 3,8 Ghz @ 1,29375 Vcore.

Could this be a load line calibration issue? If so, how to solve it? Afaik: there is no load line calibration setting in the UEFI of this Motherboard...

Would like to hear from you! Thnx in advance
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Cain-JzzFzzL Cain-JzzFzzL wrote:

Dear All,

I have weird temperature fluctuations. 

My current setup is:
AMD 1600
Asrock B350 Fatal1ty K4, with AGESA 1006
Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim Cooler

Even at stock speeds, my temperatures jump from 32-33 degrees Celsius (relatively idle) to 42-43 degrees celsius. After which it drops down again...

This seems to be the case for stock speeds, as well as when overclocked to 3,8 Ghz @ 1,29375 Vcore.

Could this be a load line calibration issue? If so, how to solve it? Afaik: there is no load line calibration setting in the UEFI of this Motherboard...

Would like to hear from you! Thnx in advance

I don't know why you would expect the CPU temperature to remain unchanged even after the PC has been running for a while. Windows 10 for example is starting up various processes such as the Windows Update process at least once a day, which causes higher CPU usage as well as increased CPU temperature. Your antivirus program could also be running, along with any number of other programs or scheduled tasks that cause increased CPU usage. Increased CPU usage will cause higher temperatures to happen regardless of the CPU cooler that you are using.

You are monitoring CPU temperature, but are you monitoring CPU usage too? What software are you using to monitor the PC?

If the CPU temperature was increasing with no concurrent increase in CPU usage, then something is strange, but I highly doubt that is the case. The CPU cooler's fan speed control profile might be set to not increase the fan speed until the CPU temperature is 50° or 60° C, so you would see greater increases in CPU temperature with short term bursts of CPU activity.

Fluctuations in CPU temperature when a PC is running for many hours is normal.

Load line calibration settings prevent the CPU VCore from dropping too much under high CPU loads. But it does not by itself cause higher CPU temperatures, unless it was applying a very high VCore under low load conditions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic