ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyper 212 EVO Compatible with Taichi x370

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyper 212 EVO Compatible with Taichi x370
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:31am
Just picked up the Taichi x370 and I love most everything about it. 
Aside from the fact that I cannot use two of my RAM slots, everything is great. 

Is there any way to position the cooler to fit on the mobo without blocking anything?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion on a new cooler that I not have to purchase because of the poor design?  

This chipset has overclocking in mind, and doesn't support the most purchased cooler on the planet. 

Here are pictures of my issue.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 7:38am
pizza, please post your system components (including case) so respondents can help you.  I use a closed loop CPU water cooler and no problems with interference at all.  I learned this several builds ago.  Newegg shows prices all over, so hard to compare.  I suspect you can get a good closed loop cooler for less than $100.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
caqde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caqde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:21am
Looking on CoolerMaster's website there are two brackets that they made for AM4 platforms yours which is model RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1 which only allows for horizontal installation and RR-AM4B-H212-S1 which uses a custom bracket for installation that allows for horizontal and vertical installation which will allow for better placement of the heatsink for better memory slot access.

Although it seems difficult to find a place carrying the newer bracket at the moment.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by pizza pizza wrote:

Just picked up the Taichi x370 and I love most everything about it. 
Aside from the fact that I cannot use two of my RAM slots, everything is great. 

Is there any way to position the cooler to fit on the mobo without blocking anything?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion on a new cooler that I not have to purchase because of the poor design?  

This chipset has overclocking in mind, and doesn't support the most purchased cooler on the planet. 

Here are pictures of my issue.

Fortunately, mother boards and their DRAM slots are not designed around being compatible with CPU coolers.

The position of the DRAM slots in the X370 Taichi is very similar if not identical to that of hundreds of mother boards that use dual channel memory, both Intel and AMD. It has always been the responsibility of the CPU cooler manufacture to design their products to be compatible with existing mother board designs. In this situation, it is simply the AM4 CPU cooler mounting location that is the problem, and the poor design of the 212 EVO.

If you checked CoolerMaster's website, you would learn that the design of the Hyper 212 EVO is not considered compatible with ALL AM4 boards by CoolerMaster. As said above, a new mounting bracket is required to allow the appropriate mounting position on an AM4 board. This is clearly stated in the Specs section of your cooler, as well as the AM4 compatibility page:

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

http://www.coolermaster.com/amd-am4-ryzen-compatability/en/#am4-compatiblity-list

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic