ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - First time ASRock buyer, issue with new Mobo/CPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

First time ASRock buyer, issue with new Mobo/CPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time ASRock buyer, issue with new Mobo/CPU
    Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:36pm
Hey

New PC parts have arrived to replace some old broken ones:

Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x

This was my first DIY upgrade job for myself. I spent a good hour or so trying to get everything working, turned out some power cables were in the wrong way and the CPU as taken out and put back in again (wrong direction the first time) before things got running properly.

An SSD was plugged in with an existing copy of Windows 10 installed. My PC eventually booted to it and everything looked alright, tried re-installing some graphic card (GTX 960) drivers onto it but it crashed and re-started. This problem repeated itself despite me trying several ways to install the new drivers.

After a while, another problem occurred where the PC would turn on but nothing would display on the monitor. Waited 5 minutes in case this was a config issue but nothing, after several restarts, it became apparent that it was the odd time here would be something displayed on the monitor. The few times it did boot, it would freeze a few seconds after I boot to BIOS.

I tried updating the BIOS to see if that would fix it but that seemed to have made things worse.

I've tried the following:

1. Clear CMOS for setting Bios back to defaults (both Jumper and Battery).
2. Re-set CPU, memory modules and GeForce card.
3. Only install the necessary devices (CPU, one stick memory module, graphics card) to check if system can boot successfully (still get no display or beep).
4. Only install one stick memory module to each DRAM slot by turns to try.
5. Mobo/CPU combo does not have inegrated graphics so I'm stuck with the card as the only visual output.

In summary: My PC build is:

Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x
VGA: Gefore GTX 960
PSU: Corsair VS 450
Memory: ADATA Z1 DDR4 2400MHz (PC4 19200) 16GB (8GBx2)

Any ideas? ASRock tech support got back to me and gave me the bare minimuum assistance, may have to RMA at this rate...
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 11:46pm
Valglory,  what is this and where did it come from?:
Quote An SSD was plugged in with an existing copy of Windows 10 installed.
My first suggestion is to install windows on the SSD after formatting it.  Then try debugging.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
pawlos74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pawlos74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:42am
If the computer doesn't want to start again, try to unplug main power from the mother board. That wide connector from the power supply. Wait 2 or so min and plug it back. It happens to me and I went to computer store almost "crying". Just kidding on that. One of the gentlemen made that suggestion.
I back home tried that trick and it worked. It is worth to try. Wish you luck. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic