ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X370 SLI Stop Working wont post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X370 SLI Stop Working wont post
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:38pm
My Asrock X370 SLI Stop Working won't post after update do bios 2.5 it worked fine for a couple of days and now it won't post, no beeps, LED under heat sink starts violet turns red blinks 3 times stop, i disconnected all cables from board exept 20+4pMB and 8P CPU removed ram memory, GPU and still no beeps won't post.
Any advice would be appreciated. THX 
X370 Ryzen 1700
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:04am
Futado, did you install a speaker?  If not, then no beeps, period.  Please post your system specifications as in my Signature.  Does your board have a two hex digit display?  If so, please post the code at the end of POST.  What LED under What heat sink?  How did you update BIOS and did you do a Load UEFI Defaults after?  If not please boot into BIOS and do that (F9).  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Futado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 4:53am
Hi John, Thx for the reply my system specs are

MB ASrock X 370 SLI 
CPU Ryzen 7 1700
RAM 2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 mhz
GPU NVidia Quadro 2000
PSU EVGA 550W
I download the BIOS from ASrock Web site, I did install a MB Speaker just so I could try and diagnose the problem, theres no display that shows any code, the LED I am talking about Its the one on the center of the board its like a decorative RGB LED.
I try to clear de cmos by removing the batery and shorting pins 2-3 for 5s, and still no beeps.
What Iam really trying to figure out is if the problemm is on the MB or the CPU so I can have it RMA.
If you think theres anything else I can do to diagnose the problem please let me know

X370 Ryzen 1700
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:51am
Thanks, Futado.  Is your MB X370 Killer SLI or X370 Killer SLI/ac or something else?  I am not familiar with your board.  Please plug one memory stick into A1 and plug in the video card.  Boot into BIOS and hit F9 to load UEFI Defaults, Save and reboot.  Let us know if it will POST.  BIOS 3.00 is now available, but let's see if your system will run before updating.  I will look at the manual for the X370 Killer SLI and see what I can learn.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT:  Found this in the Manual:
Quote Full Screen Logo
Enable to display the boot logo or disable to show normal POST messages
So Disable Full Screen Logo and tell us what shows up.

EDIT:  In the SLI/ac Manual there is a Boot Beep that needs to be enabled.

Edited by MisterJ - 20 Jul 2017 at 8:16am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic