ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 1500x AB350m odd crashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:03pm
Hi, thanks for your reply

HWiNFO was running for around an hour whilst playing Reign of Kings (no crashes) 

I believe the VRM temp to be false as i touched said area on the mobo and felt little heat. Was also getting the same reading on startup when the area was cool.

I am using ryzens balanced power plan however i disabled cool and quiet in the bios for testing with the game freezes.

I can't rule out the PSU, however it's handle multiple stress tests just fine, the error code seen in the above posts was a one time event seemingly unrelated to the game issues. 

Where do i stand i.e. returning PSU and paying the difference for the next size up?

I'll look into the GPU performance, however i am sat at my own PC right now (intel build) and i have - performance limit utilization -  set yes and my own system is perfectly stable. The card i have also tested in my PC so i can rule out the GPU at least.

EDIT: AIDA64 trial. http://imgur.com/a/mL6Dd

Lowest 12v reading was around 12.1v

I have one intake fan, on exhaust fan, the CPU cooler fan and the GPU fans, all run so i assume that is a false reading?

Edited by Robmeng - 21 Jul 2017 at 8:55pm
Robmeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:05pm
Hi MisterJ

I cannot for sure rule out PSU, however that error was a one time event that occured outside of gaming, while not ideal it could have just been a hiccup? i will look into exchanging the PSU for the next one up.

I will look into the Thaiphoon program, thank you.

EDIT: Updated dropbox with thaiphoon results 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbepei36w13s8dh/AADlvQ2QaTYXAiT-wl0Ay0Tsa?dl=0

Running Heaven now, will bench and post result after at least one hour

Edited by Robmeng - 21 Jul 2017 at 11:24pm
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:30am
Robmeng, it is hard to say if you can ignore the BSOD.  Something bad happened and others have not reported a 0x124 and I have seen none.  Usually one leads to another, so please send any more dumps you get.  Your memory is Hynix (mine too).  I have had no problems but Ryzen seems to like Samsung memory best (especially B die).  I would like to hear results of testing with one stick.  Please try A1, then A2, etc.  When all four slots are tested then try the other stick.  I suggest you use the game that has been most likely to yield a hang.  Hopefully you will see a pattern such as one stick failing or one slot failing.  In my case both A1 and A2 failed requiring an RMA of the board.  How did the temperatures look in AIDA64?  I am not familiar with Heaven - use OCCT, Prime95 and W10 memory test (mdsched.exe).  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Robmeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 9:11pm
Hi there,

I'm near positive it's a faulty ram module. Three hours worth of memtest found nothing, neither did windows memory test. 

However i tested for two hours - i would use one stick - launch game, play for a while - exit game -repeat. I would then shutdown the pc - restart - repeat previous steps. I used only slot A2.

I did this for both sticks, one froze 9/10 times, the other didn't freeze once. My partner has played TF2 for two hours+ this morning without issue. 

I assume the game uses memory in such way as to expose the fault?

Time to RMA?

Rob

Edited by Robmeng - 22 Jul 2017 at 9:12pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 9:35pm
That is some intensive troubleshooting Robmeng, great job finding the guilty culprit. I would return that RAM yes. 
Robmeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 9:47pm
It was a difficult one, the issue only manifested in certain situations!
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:13pm
I agree with Xaltar, Robmeng, great sleuthing!  You will need to ask your vendor for a RMA and they will give you the Authorization number and instructions.  You will need to return both sticks.  You can ask for an advanced RMA where you give them a credit card number and they send the new memory.  You then return the old memory and they charge your card if you don't.  Some vendors do this and some don't.  Good work.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic