ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88M - Current memory support & Win 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petergt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88M - Current memory support & Win 10
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 1:04pm
I'm thinking of getting the FM2A88M Pro 3+ MoBo as the one supplier I deal with has them on sale for a good price. I like the specs and because it's mATX, will be perfect for the SFF build I'm doing.

I was reading the memory support list and cross-ref'ing the part numbers, very few of these are available. When was this MoBo released? If it's been a number of years now and most of those are obsolete, is there an updated list (other than ASRock's own site)? For example, if I get the HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x 4GB) part # HX316C10FK2/8, will they work? They mention support of Intel's 100 series chips, but no mention of AMD... Any other suggestions?

In regards to OS, it says it's Win10 ready. If I purchase a board now, will it already have the updated BIOS and drivers on there now, or am I going to have to download them? I'm also keen on running Ubuntu 16 LTS as well (either in a separate partition, or on another, hot-swappable SSD altogether).

Thanks. First time posting here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic