ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bug Subtiming K4 Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug Subtiming K4 Gaming
    Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 6:12pm
Hello to all

By placing the following subtiming in the Amd-Dram Subtiming section without activating the Xmp, they are not recognized correctly by Ryzen Checker

The timings are: Trc, Tfaw, Twr, Trfc

I set :         Trc to 45, see  69
                   Tfaw at 16, see 22
                   Twr a 12, see 18
                   Trfc at 240, see 576

If I put the timing on by enabling the Xmp, then they see them correctly

Does it happen to others ??

I also tried to do various reset, and riflash the bios

I also contacted ASRock support but told me it did not bug it ..
Nrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 6:42pm
Nobody to this problem ??

nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Nrg Nrg wrote:

Hello to all

By placing the following subtiming in the Amd-Dram Subtiming section without activating the Xmp, they are not recognized correctly by Ryzen Checker

The timings are: Trc, Tfaw, Twr, Trfc

I set :         Trc to 45, see  69
                   Tfaw at 16, see 22
                   Twr a 12, see 18
                   Trfc at 240, see 576

If I put the timing on by enabling the Xmp, then they see them correctly

Does it happen to others ??

I also tried to do various reset, and riflash the bios

I also contacted ASRock support but told me it did not bug it ..

Hi,

The values you have to put into that section are not decimal but hex. So, if you want decimal 45 on Trc, you need to enter "2D" as value.

You can use the XMP settings and enter decimal values there, and then check the values on hex form in amd-dram section.

For the record: On my system there was no difference trying amd-dram instead main XMP section to stabilize memory, so it's easier and preferred the XMP way.

Cheers.
Nrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm
Thanks, I will try to put them in hex
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:13am
Honestly, I'm not sure why Asrock have chosen to leave the AMD memory timing options visible in the UEFI. They don't really add any extra flexibility compared to the available memory options in OC Tweaker so would be better off hiding the AMD memory timing pages in the UEFI. Less confusion for people that way, as well as presenting a overall tidier appearance. I did mention this to my Asrock contact(s) but I guess the BIOS R&D guys haven't got around to considering any changes like that yet, its a very busy time for them what with Threadripper, possibly EPYC as well if they are going to make server grade mainboards, and then theres intels latest mess of a platform. Poor guys must be snowed under.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic