ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error code "dd"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0C_Monk3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 12:02pm
Yep, same for me, Asrock expects you to have extra fast memory sticks laying around... Otherwise sometimes you can't boot. That's what "fixed it" for me, X370 Fatal1ty. Hope this helps others reading in the future, because there is no other fix!

It was indeed not CMOS battery or jumper (I had the battery out for apparently a few months, you don't actually need it), jumper didn't help. I couldn't even get my Ryzen 1700 to power up today (the CPU was cold to the touch, cooler removed) and cycling codes half second intervals, so I swapped it with 2200g (which did at least get warm and give me the new error code "dd". Then I removed the Titan GPU since the 2200g has its own GPU output, still nothing (at this point I already had removed all drives, SATA and NVME, and the only 3 cables were 24 pin, 8 pin CPU, and the CPU fan plugged into the header). So I tried single memory stick in all 4 different locations, then the same for the second stick. Then I finally yanked one of my 3600 XMP sticks out of my Threadripper (which is a total pain in the @$$ to get all 4 sticks working, so it had better work again... Took 100+ RAM switching configs for it to use over 16, then finally over 24 GB even though 32 GB was installed, and even 48 GB installed it reverted back to 16... Anyways, Asrock sucks as usual at memory issues for who knows what reason, we'll leave it at that!)

So if you don't have high speed memory like 3600 or something, nothing else seems to fix it, RMA the board or refund it if possible and buy a different brand (hurts to say that, I used Asrock for everything from FX to Threadripper, and I was planning on it for TR40 for when TR-64 core comes out, but dang its been literal days of my life in total just from memory issues on these boards! Yes some of it is benching so the configs are always changing, but it is rather rediculous, I don't know what normal people would do, like do most people have 3600 Mhz memory for a 2200g? Mine can't even run 3000 Mhz with 50% SOC over-volt on sub-zero temps, like I bet the number of people that do is like maybe 100 people, out of the world... Insane that the "fix" is use an unsupported memory kit!

They really need to start putting duel BIOS back in these things... This wasn't a problem for their older boards (I don't even think my X399 Tiachi has duel BIOS...) Its a problem. Anyways, I'm done complaining, back to updating software for LN2 benching this weekend, stay classy and see ya!
"If its not icing over, then you're not overclocking!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic