ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4 Beta 2.02 BIOS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4 Beta 2.02 BIOS?
    Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:58pm
By the way, after successfull downgrade (and my issues sadly not fixed, problem source is somewhere else probably) I've decided to try 2.02 BETA BIOS anyway (flashing with Instant Flash of course, from USB Pendrive).

I can confirm that  "Update Microcode for "Hyper-Threading""  is not the only change in comparison to official 2.00 version.

In chipset settings, the "Above 4g decoding" setting appeared (which is disabled by default). I've read that it's only for Pascal Nvidia GPU's series and enabling it with any other GPU can hurt Your PC badly, but anyway, it wasn't listed in changelog. So maybe there are other changes too there.
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 11:19pm
Ok, Thank You very much for quick answer, it's all clear now.
I'm downloading older BIOS versions now so and will try downgrading as soon as possible.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Adrian Adrian wrote:

Hello.
I'm using AsRock Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4 motherboard.
I have i5 7500 KabyLake CPU.

There is new BIOS version - 2.02 BETA.
The changelog says just "Update Microcode for "Hyper-Threading".

So the question is - will I get any benefits from updating my 2.00 BIOS to 2.02 BETA BIOS for my i5 7500 CPU which don't even support HyperThreading?
Are there any other changes in BETA 2.02 BIOS? Optimization, performance?

I'm encountering some problems with less than month ago built PC (graphical and performance issues after updating 1.10 stock (if I remember correctly) BIOS to 2.0 BIOS on Windows 7, then moving to Windows 10. Moving back to Windows 7 didn't helped. So I don't know if it is BIOS update issue, or just Windows 10 broken something in my PC)

Thanks.

By the way - is the BIOS downgrade possible? For example, from 2.00 to stock version?

The microcode update for Hyper-Threading should be a fix for an issue found with Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake processors that have Hyper-Threading.

If your processor does not support Hyper-Threading, then that aspect of this update does nothing for you.

Otherwise, nothing else is listed in the description, and I am not aware of any other changes in the 2.02 Beta.

You can change to any UEFI/BIOS version you choose. The UEFI version that came with your board is printed on a sticker on the UEFI chip. If you want to try version 1.10 again, I suggest download it now, as after a while, very early UEFI versions may be removed from the download list.

Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 10:38pm
Hello.
I'm using AsRock Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4 motherboard.
I have i5 7500 KabyLake CPU.

There is new BIOS version - 2.02 BETA.
The changelog says just "Update Microcode for "Hyper-Threading".

So the question is - will I get any benefits from updating my 2.00 BIOS to 2.02 BETA BIOS for my i5 7500 CPU which don't even support HyperThreading?
Are there any other changes in BETA 2.02 BIOS? Optimization, performance?

I'm encountering some problems with less than month ago built PC (graphical and performance issues after updating 1.10 stock (if I remember correctly) BIOS to 2.0 BIOS on Windows 7, then moving to Windows 10. Moving back to Windows 7 didn't helped. So I don't know if it is BIOS update issue, or just Windows 10 broken something in my PC)

Thanks.

By the way - is the BIOS downgrade possible? For example, from 2.00 to stock version?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic