ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x370 new bios 3.1 wont post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by michaelpinkava michaelpinkava wrote:

I tried this with no success. I even pulled the cmos battery. I tried each ram individually in the a2 slot. My memory was stable before the bios flash and is on the qvl

1800x, gskill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR, evga 1080ti ftw 3, samsung 960 pro m2 ssd

I was running everything stock. The ram was running xmp profile timings at 2933.  Thank you for your responses.

I just updated (attempted to) to 3.0 using Instant Flash and I'm having the same issue.  My system had been working since late June without issue.  I have the same gskill memory specs that you do but the model is slightly different.

1700X
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 SSD
GSkill F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW
Radeon RX480
Sound Blaster Zx

I tried reseating the memory and also tried using 1 stick in A2 (tried both sticks in A2 to no avail)
Reseated RX480
Reseated SB Zx (
Tried resetting the CMOS using the button, it failed.
Tried resetting the CMOS by unplugging the system, moving the jumper, and removing the CMOS battery (tried 10 minutes, tried 30 minutes), it failed.
My last gasp is letting it sit for 4 hours for a CMOS reset, but I'm not holding out much hope that it will work.

I don't believe I had upgraded the BIOS since mid-July.  I wanted to update to the latest version, and it recommended I upgrade to at least 3.0 and then use the Windows Flash utility to upgrade to the latest BIOS version.

What ended up being your issue? How did you resolve it?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic