ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro 4 - Ram Voltage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:18am
Originally posted by gabrimor gabrimor wrote:

Hard troubleshooting....

I did some tests today and I found, in this following sequence:

1) Using the two sticks at the A Channel, I can work with 1.35v, or any voltage.

2) Using the two sticks at the BChannel, I can work with 1.35v, or any voltage.

3) The problem, so, happens when I use the sticks in the two channels....

Odd behavior?

So, after this, I decided to test the sticks one by one, doing Aida64 Memory Stability Test.

And I found:

1) Using the first sitck, I pass the test.

2) Using the second stick, it fails.

3) Testing again, with the RESEATED second sitck, it fails again.

The second stick is defectiive, I'm sure.

Ok, now I found something.

But what the hell is the relation between this, with all the voltage problems I had????

I'll try to solve this with the shop, or with Corsair, but I really can't associate the problem with the defective stick, with the voltage problems I had........

Thanks!

see if they let you upgrade to gskill flareX or even tridentz
geil now do very well priced specific ryzen/am4 ram
and team ram seems to behave very well with am4/ryzen
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
gabrimor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrimor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:36am
And what about Crucial Ballistix?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:15am
i have no knowledge or data on the crucial im afraid

another good tip is to see what ram other people have used and what speeds they get on a database called
rymem

https://rymem.vraith.com/

this guy right from the start set this up to help everyone with ryzen ram in the very early days

you can search by your motherboard and the results come back in a list
clicking on them should take you to a cpuz report showing actual speeds and timings of the brand of ram actually tested on your board

heres one guy got the ripjaws to work at 3200
http://valid.x86.fr/paid9c

Edited by datonyb - 13 Sep 2017 at 4:23am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:11pm
As suspected, a dodgy RAM stick. All kinds of odd things can be seen with faulty hardware in the case of the bad memory stick the faulty IC likely faults out completely once is reaches a certain voltage. I'd recommend replacing the kit with some G.Skill memory, on every Asrock board I've tested G.Skill memory has always  worked extremely well.
gabrimor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrimor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:24pm
Sure, but how can you explain the fault ic can reach any voltage when not in dual channel? Note that the voltage problem not happens when using the stick in single channel setup.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:52am
That is the strange part, shooting from the hip I would guess maybe some of the SPD data stored on the stick has become corrupt. Theres a couple other things I could guess at as well, but they would be just that, guesses. No real way to know with more certainty unless I was to test the problematic kit.
gabrimor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrimor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:50am
Folks,

At this time, We don't have so much to talk about, but I think we can't close this topic right now.

I'll RMA the RAM and then, when I receive the new kit (If I receive), We'll talk about.

What I can say, at his moment:

Using the good stick, alone, in single channel, it's working very good. 

Right now, I'm testing 3066mhz@ 1.35v, and it's working.

I'll test later, with the default asrock voltage, 1.21v, just for curiosity.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic