ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/AC problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfskin07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/AC problems
    Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 4:42pm
Hello all!

Just started this thread to share a bit of my frustrating experience with this motherboard so far and maybe get some pointers :)

Can't get F-Stream working at all in Windows 10 1703, everytime I try to start it I get a Atuning access violation with code 0000FFFF. Tried all the tricks out there and none worked.

Can't get Restart to UEFI working! It does nothing... simply restarts the computer and back to Windows again!

Can't disable onboard LAN/BT controller in UEFI! Maybe it's me but i've looked in every menu and sub menu and can't find any options to disable them :/

VRM area gets really hot even at stock with a R7 1700X. And this is with the good version of the heatsink, without the giant thermalpad.

I'm runing the latest BIOS.

TheRedCrossKnight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheRedCrossKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:02am
The access violation error in Windows is due to CSM not being enabled in BIOS. I was having the same issue and got it resolved thanks to another form member. Check out the last page on my original thread for the recommended solution:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5934&title=fstream-tuning-access-violation-error-on-x370-itx

Edited by TheRedCrossKnight - 18 Sep 2017 at 11:03am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:46pm
as for the vrm temps
you say a good heatsink ?

if its the normal upgrade type with a fan blowing across the cpu top
and not like the stock one blowing DOWN onto cpu top then the vrm will get less airflow over them
its the same for water block users

you improve the heat removal from the cpu sure ,BUT you remove the air flow over the vrm's

now this problem can be mitagated by correct approach to air flow thru the case ,and the heatsinks on the vrms

but each case (excuse the pun) will differ from system to system virables are
vrm heatsinks
cpu cooler
case fans (number position and CFM)
and of course the actual case

it is not inknown at all to have custom mounted fans blowing direct air onto the vrm in a lot of systems

alas usually the case for the best solution for actually keeping vrm's cool is the stock downdraught heatsink and fan

i looked into this and had to deal with this issue on my last system
which was a phenom2 965 using the arctic cooler which was great until my vrm's went thermal nuclear levels Cry
cured by cutting up a massive old pent4 heatsink and using the thermal glue to make massive heatsinks for the vrms,and also addressing intake and exhaust fans to provide a proper path of air crossing the vrm area
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Wolfskin07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfskin07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:53am
Originally posted by TheRedCrossKnight TheRedCrossKnight wrote:

The access violation error in Windows is due to CSM not being enabled in BIOS. I was having the same issue and got it resolved thanks to another form member. Check out the last page on my original thread for the recommended solution:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5934&title=fstream-tuning-access-violation-error-on-x370-itx

I had CSM set to enabled on BIOS and changed it to disabled and the same thing happened... For me it doesn't matter the setting, it crashes all the same :(
Wolfskin07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfskin07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:57am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

as for the vrm temps
you say a good heatsink ?

Yes. Apparently there's two versions of this board around with diferent VRM heatsinks:

The good one use a thin thermalpad and a higher height heatsink.

The bad one has a lower height heatsink with a thicker thermalpad applied and you can contact ASRock to have them send you the good one.

Since my case is a Thermaltake Core P1, I resorted to have a large 200mm fan placed on top of the case to better extract heat from the motherboard, VRM and RAM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic