ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B350m pro4 stuck in boot loop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B350m pro4 stuck in boot loop
    Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:37pm
Hi everyone !
This is my first post on the forum and my new build after 15 years.
I have recently purchased the following components:
- Asrock B350m pro 4
- Amd Ryzen 5 1600x
- Fractal Design Celsius S24
- KFA2 1080 Gtx Exoc Sniper 8Go
- Hyperx HX426C16FW2K2/16 (2666Mhz 2x8Go)
- EVGA 210 650w
- Western Digital SSD 250Go
- Western Digital HD Blue 2To
- Fractal Design Mini C

However my build won't post, I'm stuck in a boot loop... All the fans spin and the leds of the gpu light on white.
I have tried the following things :
- 2 ram sticks in positions A2 and B2 (as recommanded), and every other positions positions with 1 or 2 ram sticks
- Minimal setting (out of the pc case) with only the motherboard, power supply, cpu, cooling system, graphic card and ram
- I have also tried the different video outputs on the motherboard and graphic card
- I have seen that the motherboard supports the R5 1600x only after the bios update 2.40, so I have ordered a R5 1600 which is supposed to work on all bios versions, and I still face the same issue
- I have plugged the correct pin for the power supply of the cpu and graphic card
- I have waited at least 6 reboot everytime
- I have removed the bios battery and used the bios reset jumper
- Also, I have checked that the ram is compatible with the motherboard & cpu

I guess that there are some chance that the motherboard arrived DOA, so I've asked for a replacement which should arrive soon.

Now I'm a little bit out of options, this is why I'm looking for your kind help.

Cheers,

Edited by Didjo - 11 Sep 2017 at 2:53am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 2:20am
Please check that you have connected the 8-Pin CPU Power located in the upper left of this motherboard.

This is the #1 or #2 reason for what you describe, and is commonly overlooked. Even by me every now and then

Too, please list the memory Kit P/N. Ryzen is picky.
Didjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 2:52am
Thank you for your prompt answer

Sure thing, I have connected the 8-Pin CPU in the correct spot. 

I have the "Hyperx HX426C16FW2K2/16" which is listed as compatible with the b350 chipset.

However I realize that it is listed as compatible with some R7 processors but I can't find any reference regarding R5. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:00am
Processor don't matter.

Directly above the top of PCIE1 is your BIOS chip, with a sticker over it. What is printed on this sticker?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:52am
I'm thinking your BIOS needs flashed as it's most likely older due to your location.

By the time parts make it into sales/dist channels in your area we Mods usually see this.

I checked Kingstons website and this Kit is certified compatible by them for your AB350M Pro4.
Didjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:27pm
Thank you.
The bios version is 2.30. I have purchased the components from amazon italy.
Could you help me understand this. Does bios need a flash to be compatible with the processor and/or the memory ? Because I have also tried with a ryzen 5 1600 which is supposed to work for all bios version.
blackfridge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 12:50am
Hi Didjo, I was wondering whether you fixed your problem because I have the same and don't know what to do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic