ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M PRO4 - starts up 3-4 times before boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitriy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M PRO4 - starts up 3-4 times before boot
    Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:36pm
Hello Team,
I have recently purchased my new PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz box
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit [ CMK8GX4M2B3000C15 ]
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 3GB GDDR5 192-bit
Deepcool Explorer Series DE480 350W [ DE480 ]

and i encounter a strange behavior, the system cycles power 3-4 times before booting into Windows10Prox64

I have standard Bios 2,4 and running XMP profile for 2933 Mhz

I  also searched the forums for this issue and found out that a Bios upgrade(i see 3,1 is the latest)  might be needed due to Memory compatibility

Before i proceed with this, i would like to receive some confirmation on this step.

Many thanks in advance.

BR,
Dmitriy

Edited by Dmitriy - 15 Sep 2017 at 11:39pm
Hannibalk1ng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannibalk1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:45am
hey mate, i have the same ram and close enough motherboard.

it reboots because of the boot training this is normal as your pc is trying to get the ram working....

i would try turning on xmp at 2666mhz and to change the first part of the ram timing from 15 to 16.

i had all the same issues you did, but with the above steps it will be 100% stable at 2666mhz (it is for me )

I havent tried the newest bios yet, so it might have improved but not ready to try it out yet.

Good luck
Jhelms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:59am
I have this issue only when turning the PC off / removing power from the power supply. In short, a total cold start. Seems to figure itself out after the first few boot tries and then is fine after that. All running as it should / proper speeds in most cases.

Another anomaly from a total cold start, sometimes I have to click on the cpu frequency and hit enter for it to take again. Same with the ram xmp profile. I just click on it, hit enter and then it re-applies. Odd behavior for sure but again, only happens to me if I remove all power from the system.
Zwu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:44pm
disable advanced boot training
Hannibalk1ng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannibalk1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 6:23am
i have turned off boot training and i swear it still does the boot training.

i have my memory at 2666 stable for a few days, and then on one boot up the boot training will cycle a few times then boot into windows at 2666 again....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic