ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I may have flashed my BIOS incorrectly: need help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

I may have flashed my BIOS incorrectly: need help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coldblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 10:31am
@parsec Thanks for your reply. How do I clear the UEFI/CMOS? Also, will this be covered in warranty? If not, can I just send the MB for repair/flashing or have I basically flushed a hundred and fifty dollars down the drain?

EDIT: I tried clearing the CMOS, but no luck. So, what are my options now?

Edited by Coldblade - 16 Sep 2017 at 10:42am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm
Coldblade, sorry the worst happened.  Did you get the screen shot I posted?  I suspect parsec is correct, but I would suggest you look at your BIOS chip and make sure it is soldered not plugged.  I would suggest you immediately open a ticket with ASRock technical support and see what support they will offer.  I, again, do not think you will have to buy a new board.  Please tell us how you cleared the CMOS.  Sorry and hope it turns out the best, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 11:26pm
certain persons would just wrap the board up send back to retailer and inform them it was doa

in the UK if buying something delivered by mail you have the right to return items without any reason given

i dont agree 100% with it myself ,as people use it just to look and hold something due to not being assed to goto shops,but it does give good protection for buyers in some cases
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Coldblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coldblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 1:34am
@MisterJ I got the same screen as in the screenshot. It's probably just that Windows flashing is not reliable. To clear CMOS I switched the jumper they mentioned in the manual.

@datonyb I have requested an RMA with the retailer. Let's see how that goes. Although shipping cost me a bit. If they refuse after inspection then I'll probably lose the shipping as well.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 3:01am
Coldblade, at least two posters here have RMAed their boards due to updating to the latest BIOS.  I do not know the details.  Did you follow the whole instructions with unplugging the power cord to the wall, waiting 15 seconds and moving the jumper for 5 seconds?  One more thing to try is to remove the CMOS battery for several seconds.  I would disconnect the power cord also before.  I wish we could fix this for you.  Good luck, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Coldblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coldblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 3:15am
Thanks John. I appreciate your helpfulness. I did follow all the instructions you mentioned. I didn't try removing the CMOS battery, but I've already shipped back the board. In the end it's my fault for not reading thoroughly enough. I will try my best to get a replacement but in the end I have to move on accepting a hard earned lesson. Thanks everyone for your help.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 3:22am
Coldblade, I know this is no help and small solace, but the AMD X399 boards have a Flashback feature that will update the BIOS even if the system will not boot or does not even have a CPU.  Please keep us informed.  Best, John.
Coldblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coldblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 6:12am
UPDATE: The distributor approved my RMA, and what's more even paid for return shipping! So I think it turned out pretty well and I learned a valuable lesson at the cost of delaying my build by a couple of weeks. 
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:01am
Great, Coldblade!  Thanks for the update!  Enjoy, John.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic