ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ryzen and Gloway, power on but no display.  RAM?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen and Gloway, power on but no display. RAM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ev1lchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen and Gloway, power on but no display. RAM?
    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:46am
Here is my build:

Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Case
8 GB DDR4 Gloway 2400MHz PC4 19200 CL16 1.2V Memory RAM for Desktop
EVGA 500W Power Supply
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 with Wraith Stealth Cooler
ASRock AB350M-HDV Motherboard
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2 GB
Toshiba 2 TB 7200 RPM 3.5 Hard Drive

I am powering on and I hear the hard drive turn on and the fans move.  However, there is no display.  Furthermore, pressing the keyboard does not result in the keyboard light flashing.

Lately I have read that there are memory compatibility issues with Ryzen and brands of memory?  I found out about it from tech support sites.

Gloway is a really off brand and not listed as compatible.  I'm returning the RAM today to Amazon and ordering the Crucial listed from AMD.

Has anyone else had similar issues?  If the problem isn't the RAM then I don't really know.  Everything seems plugged in and connected properly.
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:05am
I would check the asrock qvl list and get something on that list instead of just grabbing something..

I'm currently running gskill ddr4-3000 timings of 15-16-16-35
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232179
this worked great with the xmp profile

I first tried this gskill ddr4-3200 timings of 16-16-16-36
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231902
this did not work using the xmp profile.

I may try the 3200mhz memory with different timings, but my system seems to be running rather well the way it is..  I think if I do anything I may order the 3400mhz trident-z with no rgb, but would rather put that money towards a 1080ti.

The only reason I tried the different memory is because I had a z170 system that already had the 3000mhz memory in it, and I can swap sticks and not cost me anything.
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:12pm
I've never ever heard of Gloway. You won one over me there.

Link to your memory on the/a Gloway site?

By chance have yhou overlooked connectingg the 4-pin CPU Power at the upper left corner of he board?

Clear your CMOS via battery removal and the jumper.

Too, try the mem in slots A1 and B1, then try slots A2 and B2. You should, considering, clear the CMOS between swapping these two sticks in and out of the two choices I mention above.

Post back please.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:14pm
And other that ASRocks QVL, AMD's Certified list, there is https://rymem.vraith.com/
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by ev1lchris ev1lchris wrote:

Here is my build:

Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Case
8 GB DDR4 Gloway 2400MHz PC4 19200 CL16 1.2V Memory RAM for Desktop
EVGA 500W Power Supply
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 with Wraith Stealth Cooler
ASRock AB350M-HDV Motherboard
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2 GB
Toshiba 2 TB 7200 RPM 3.5 Hard Drive

I am powering on and I hear the hard drive turn on and the fans move.  However, there is no display.  Furthermore, pressing the keyboard does not result in the keyboard light flashing.

Lately I have read that there are memory compatibility issues with Ryzen and brands of memory?  I found out about it from tech support sites.

Gloway is a really off brand and not listed as compatible.  I'm returning the RAM today to Amazon and ordering the Crucial listed from AMD.

Has anyone else had similar issues?  If the problem isn't the RAM then I don't really know.  Everything seems plugged in and connected properly.

Do you have both the 24 pin and four pin CPU power cables connected to the board? Both are required.

Your single DIMM memory should be in B1 slot.

Ryzen memory compatibility by memory model seems simply random. Certain models of memory chips work better at higher speeds and over clocks, but at lower speeds like 2400, compatibility is less of an issue.

We don't have any experience with Gloway memory. I understand why it was tempting, its price, but it is a no name brand from China, so who knows how it is made. Many people have difficulty getting their memory into the slot correctly, so take a close look at that, and reseat the memory again.

Do you have a POST beep speaker connected to the board?

Try the keyboard in a USB 2.0 port, at the top of the IO panel.

What OS version do you plan on installing?

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:43am
gloway ram

Smile
supply two types of ddr4
cl 16 2400
and cl15 2133

to be honest i doubt either uses samsung ic's

you should at least get it booting with crucial ram several youtube channels seem to rate it ok for ryzen (and 2666 at least)

hopefully its just that mate
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic