ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PCI wifi card error on X370 Professional Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCI wifi card error on X370 Professional Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herophongtran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCI wifi card error on X370 Professional Gaming
    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:42am
Hi 
As I mention on the title , does anyone of us guys has the same problem with me ?
When I install the pci wifi card to the pci 1x slot, the window 10 64bit will freeze on the login screen and after that the system will automatically shutdown
My X370 professional gaming is running with the 3.10 BIOS version 
- Some ways that I tried but did not fix the problem :
   + Disable the build-in wifi come with the motherboard in the BIOS
   + Try to download the lasted drivers 
   + Tried with another pci wifi card

**** the first wifi card that I tried is  Asus PCE-AC88 and the second one is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 7265
        the onboard wifi card is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 3168
Please , if anyone of you has the same problem and find the solution , let me know, appreciate !

Edited by herophongtran - 25 Sep 2017 at 7:18pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 4:12am
pci, or pcie
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 4:13am
it might just be down to a conflict between the card and the motherboard

it may help to search the wifi card on google for problems

and at least add the info to this thread so we might know which it is
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
herophongtran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herophongtran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

pci, or pcie
Oh sorry, it is pcie slot x1, the small one next to the 1st graphic card slot :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herophongtran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:13pm

I put some information for you :)
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by herophongtran herophongtran wrote:

Hi 
As I mention on the title , does anyone of us guys has the same problem with me ?
When I install the pci wifi card to the pci 1x slot, the window 10 64bit will freeze on the login screen and after that the system will automatically shutdown

**** the first wifi card that I tried is  Asus PCE-AC88 and the second one is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 7265
Please , if anyone of you has the same problem and find the solution , let me know, appreciate !

First, the Intel AC 3168 and AC 7265 are both M.2 interface WiFi cards, and cannot be used in a PCIe slot. The M.2 slot for those cards is near the IO panel, and you must remove the plastic cover over the board by the IO panel to access that special M.2 slot.

If you put the AC 7265 M.2 WiFi card in a PCIe 2.0 x1 slot, you might damage either the WiFi card, the board, or both of them. If that is what you did, who knows what happened.

The Asus WiFi card is the ONLY PCIe slot card that you have. Why it is not working now, I don't know, WiFi cards usually have very specific instructions about their connection. Did you try the Asus card in both of the PCIe 2.0 x1 slots?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herophongtran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:20am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by herophongtran herophongtran wrote:

Hi 

First, the Intel AC 3168 and AC 7265 are both M.2 interface WiFi cards, and cannot be used in a PCIe slot. The M.2 slot for those cards is near the IO panel, and you must remove the plastic cover over the board by the IO panel to access that special M.2 slot.

If you put the AC 7265 M.2 WiFi card in a PCIe 2.0 x1 slot, you might damage either the WiFi card, the board, or both of them. If that is what you did, who knows what happened.

The Asus WiFi card is the ONLY PCIe slot card that you have. Why it is not working now, I don't know, WiFi cards usually have very specific instructions about their connection. Did you try the Asus card in both of the PCIe 2.0 x1 slots?

My second case is i7 6700 Gigabyte z170 and the Asus wifi card work well :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herophongtran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:02pm
- Before , I used 2 Corsair 16Gb run at 3000 , after I disable the XMP in the bios, let them run at the default bus 2133 , the wifi card work well :)

Can someone explain to me why this happen, and how can my RAM run at 3000 and dont effect the wifi card :(

Edited by herophongtran - 01 Oct 2017 at 10:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic