ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Extreme 4 and Gskill RGB Trident RAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weems2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 Extreme 4 and Gskill RGB Trident RAM
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 5:04am
I couldn't find too much info about this.  With the Gskill Trident RGB RAM, the LED control software only works if the DIMMS are in slots A1,B1.  Unfortunately, when only using 2 modules, the  Asrock motherboard doesn't like that since it's 1st priority is slots A2,B2.  I can get it to eventually boot into Windows, and  use the Gskill software to control the LED's, however, my RAM speed is stuck at default speeds, and my cpu  overclock doesn't get saved. 

So basically, if I want to control the RAM LED's, I have to keep a unstable system, or keep them in slots A2,B2, and live with the default rainbow pattern.  I really don't want to pluck down another $200 to fill all 4 DIMM's since I'm more than happy with my 16GB .  At the moment I don't mind the rainbow pattern, but I do have a certain color scheme planned when moving to a full custom water loop.

Not sure if a BIOS update will take care of the DIMM problem, but could ASRock at least work with GSkill to have least have their software detect the RAM in slots A2,B2?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic