ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350m Low Memory benchmark? &Trouble starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350m Low Memory benchmark? &Trouble starting
    Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:48am
Hello. 

Sorry for the confusing thread title but these are 2 separate concerns.

First, I'd like to know if these memory benchmark speeds for the type of RAM I have are normal or if they are low. And if they are too low, why would it be? I've been comparing it to others' and it seems low. I don't think it's just because it is single channel right? Even when overclocked to 2933 the speeds seem low, in the 22k's

Secondly, since I got my AB350m I've had trouble with my computer getting to even POST sometimes. I just have to keep holding down the power button to shut it off and then having to turn it on again until it works. No beeping or anything. This happens even when my RAM is set on the default settings. The only change I've made in the Bios options is overclocking my Ryzen 3 1200 to 3.8ghz with 1.325v. It has been stable in Windows for a month so I'm not sure if this is related. What else could it be?

wodey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 6:35am
Also, I would like to clarify that when it doesn't POST. It just shows a black screen, no signal, and my keyboard's LED will not light up. However, the computer seems to be "on" because the fans will spin up and the LED's on the computer are on as well.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:42am
Guesses her to start a convo.............

Low score most likely because of 1 stick of mem, meaning and showing Single Channel

The other, well, does it pass stress testing to determine that the system is stable?
wodey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:20am
I did stress test it at the beginning when I initially put together my computer and overclocked the processor. It was fine.

I've also stress tested the memory at overclocked speeds and found where they were stable. I don't currently have it OC'd now.

If it is just because it is a single stick, that makes me feel better. I'll just get another stick later.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:36am
I don't suggest simply getting another stick. While doing so, the pair may work, but is best to by mem in matched Kits.

Is the starting issue happening in the NON-OC'd state? That would be odd if so.
wodey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I don't suggest simply getting another stick. While doing so, the pair may work, but is best to by mem in matched Kits.

Is the starting issue happening in the NON-OC'd state? That would be odd if so.
I understand about pairs. 

And you may be right, in the short while I've tested it since you suggested that, I've run it at stock speeds and the problem is not there.

Googled it a bit and found this CAN happen when OC'ed and I did hear about memory instability when memory is OC'd, but mine isn't. It was said that there was a setting for more initial voltage during bootup for ram. Maybe there is a setting for initial cpu voltage?

Other thing I'm thinking is that if I were to use Ryzen Master to overclock, then the OC wouldn't be applied until windows loads and that may prevent the issues? Within windows and for games this OC has been stable for a while now. The bootup is the only issue.
wodey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:02am
I am thinking it is that. Upped the voltage in bios to 1.4 and it is no longer happening. Still happening. Almost certain it's an OC issue. I'll use Ryzen Master for now.

Edited by wodey - 05 Oct 2017 at 11:25am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 6:21am
Meh, IMO an unstable OC is an unstable OC. Whether it is set in the BIOS or Windows.

That it happens when the OS is loaded still makes it unstable, regardless. IMO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic