ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Ryzen X370X Build Won't Boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbodude50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Ryzen X370X Build Won't Boot
    Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:15am
I'm building a Ryzen machine.  I'm having troubles. The machine won't boot. It boots up and goes through several cycles and then shuts down. Once it stayed up long enough to start a bios update (for about 30 seconds) and then shut down. I assume it's a memory issue as its giving me a code 07. Here's my build.

-ASRock X370 Gaming X: Bios version 1.0
-Gskill 2400 Flare X 8gb modules (x4): This memory is on the approved list
-EVGA 750 w power supply
-WD 256 Preformance M.2 SSD
-WD 2TB 5400 RPM HDD
-Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM HDD
-MSI GE Force 1060 Video Card
-Inwin 305 Series Tower
-Six Rosewill 120mm Cooling Fans (3 in, 3 out)
-Corsair 75 CPU Cooler: Liquid cooler with two fans (Not Installed yet)

I know there is a BIOS update, downloaded on USB drive. But I cant get the machine to stay on long enough.

I have tried two modules in A2 and B2 as stated on a extra piece of paper from AMD that came with the board. I have also tried one stick, four sticks, switching the sticks out. No go.

I don't have the CPU cooler installed (not here yet --no thanks to UPS screwing up the damn delivery). Suppose the MB is sensing no install and shutting it down? 

Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to get this beast running! 
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:22am
your f***king joking me ?

your trying to run the pc without a cpu cooler and wondering why its switching off ?

mate please send parts back and go buy a built machine

[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
kimbodude50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbodude50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:35am
Just to see if it boots up, mate. 

So you are suggesting its turning off within 5 seconds because of no cooler? Seems like more of a ram/outdated bios issue. Would be nice of the MB didn't have an outdated BIOS, especially with all of known RAM issues with Ryzen, mate.

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:11am
im not suggesting at all

im stating its the most insane thing to do
you are risking severe and long last damage to your cpu
your be lucky that the motherboard is shutting it down before frying the cpu ,if in fact its managed to do without the cpu frying i do hope so for your sake

i presume you have a ryzen X version without an included cooler ?

please do YOURSELF a favour and do not try to boot the pc until you fix a cpu cooler
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbodude50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:28am
Hear you on this. Thanks.

Edited by kimbodude50 - 09 Oct 2017 at 1:34am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbodude50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:53am
Well, cooler is on, no luck, same problem.

This is what I tried:

1. Removed all memory sticks, placed one is A2, tried two in A2 and B2.
2. Cleared CMOS with jumper pins and removed battery for 10 minutes.
3. Upplugged power supply to MB, cleared.
4. Removed all non-essential components, VGA card, fans (not the CPU cooler!), SATA, M.2 ssd.

Still get an error 07, which relates to memory. It started up once with a 0d code, again memory related.

Tech support said to update BIOS, but I can't get to it if it doesn't post. Unless there is some other way to do it.

Any suggestions?

johndms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:13am
I know little to nothing about Ryzen, or any processor's internal structure, but if the "integrated" memory controller is part of the CPU, and you ran the CPU without a cooler, then one would think that initial burst of heat before the self-protection shutdown activated may have fried something internally. If that "something" was related to the IMC, then perhaps that's why it's reporting Memory issues.

I'm no expert, just thinking out loud (typing). Do you have another kit of ram you can try? Know someone with another Ryzen processor?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic