ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - set up new rig but doesnt post (h270 performance)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

set up new rig but doesnt post (h270 performance)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craz_03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:55am
craz_03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craz_03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:20pm
i m thinking y this happened is because i forgot to plug in the 4/8 pin connector before and went on to on the system for 2-3 times... does this affect the new motherboard?

(tats y before that the cpu fans were spinning fast n slow as in u can heard by the fan sound n the comp was restarting itself)

after that i plugged in the 4/8 pin connector to mobo den everything looks ok but just tat it doesnt bootup to bios..
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:44pm
Make sure your 4+4 pin connector is connected the right way around and is seated properly. In the images you posted it looks like it may not be installed correctly.
craz_03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craz_03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 3:29pm
i followed the hole shapes... with the clips facing the top of the top of the case
craz_03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craz_03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Make sure your 4+4 pin connector is connected the right way around and is seated properly. In the images you posted it looks like it may not be installed correctly.

finally caught the culprit after 1 night...

actually its a pin bent in the mobo making it unable to boot..

brought the mobo back to the shop n they gladly help me
do a 1 to 1 exchange... in the end bought a cpu cooler frm them as a gesture of thanks...

thanks alpt for the help rendered here as well...
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:48pm
Awesome to hear you got it sorted Thumbs Up

Enjoy your new build Cool
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by craz_03 craz_03 wrote:

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

finally caught the culprit after 1 night...

actually its a pin bent in the mobo making it unable to boot..

brought the mobo back to the shop n they gladly help me
do a 1 to 1 exchange... in the end bought a cpu cooler frm them as a gesture of thanks...

thanks alpt for the help rendered here as well...

When I said to check for bent pins, I said in the CPU socket, not on the CPU itself. As you now know, that was the problem.

In your first picture, you have the Clr CMOS jumper in the Clear position. The board won't start when the jumper is in the Clear position. Just so you know not to do that from now on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic