ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110M-HDV PC suddenly not seeing NVidia GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
regnad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H110M-HDV PC suddenly not seeing NVidia GPU
    Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:20pm
The CPU is an Intel Pentium G4400 LGA 1151

I am using that video source now, yes. It?™s listed in Device Manager as Intel HD Graphics 510. I had to plug the monitor into a different port.

I have no idea what clearing the BIOS is.?Unhappy

Edited by regnad - 15 Oct 2017 at 8:01pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:41pm
Yes, a GTX 560 is an older video card. Much older than the H110M-HDV mother board in the PC. The board was first released in mid 2015.

What PC are you using now? We don't know what CPU you have in the H110M PC, but most of them have built in video support. Are you using that video source now on that PC?

It's possible that the mother board has a problem, but just going by age it is more likely the video card is broken.

Without another PC to test the video card, it's impossible to know if it's broken, if the fans still spin. Did you try another video output on the video card into your monitor?

If there was a PC shop that could test the video card for you, or someone you know with a PC that could test the card, that would be a way to test it.

Do you know what clearing the BIOS on a mother board is?
regnad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
Is there anything obvious that I can do?

Is it likely that my GPU is simply dead? I got the PC second hand, and I have no idea how old it is, but I assume a 560 is probably not that new. A quick Google search indicates they were sold as long ago as 2011.

Am I just better off buying a new GPU?
regnad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:57am
It's an NVidia Geforce GTX 560. It was working until yesterday.

The fans are spinning.

I don't have another PC to test it in.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:49am
What video card are you using?

Do the fans on it spin up when the PC is on?

Any power cables from the PSU connected to it?

Can you test this video card in another PC?

regnad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:43am
Thanks for the reply!

I tried that, and it?™s still not appearing in device manager unfortunately.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 3:35am
To start with, if you have not already, remove the GPU, clean the contacts on the GPU with some isopropyl alcohol and reinstall it. See if that gets you up and running again. Sometimes the GPU can unseat from the slot if the machine is bumped. 

Let us know how it goes.
regnad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:05am
I have a Win 10 PC with a ASRock H110M-HDV MB.

Everything was fine until today. It stopped recognizing the NVidia GPU. It?™s no longer showing up in Device Manager, and when I try to install new drivers, it says there is no compatible device.

Can anyone help? :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic