ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 CPU multiplier placebo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendanw36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 CPU multiplier placebo?
    Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 7:24am
Previously when I wanted to overclock my A8-9600 I found no options to overclock my CPU in the BIOS on the most recent BIOS version.  After inquiring here someone with a similar model board said they had the same problem with their APU and that after contacting ASRock support they were given a beta BIOS that supported OC.  I contacted ASRock support and was elated when they gave me a beta BIOS.  After flashing I now had an adjustable CPU multiplier.  "Praise be" I said (not really).  I fiddled around with it and the voltage and booted into windows  I began by running the CPU-Z stress test with Task manager open.  Well that's funny.  I am capped at 3.39 GHz even though I OCed to 3.6 GHz and the Task Manger reports my CPU base clock as 3.6 GHz.  What a coincidence that my CPUs Core Performance Boost speed(Turbo Boost speed) is 3.4 GHz.  Maybe my CPB enabled setting is interfering with my OC.  I proceed to turn of CPB at which point my processor is capped at 3.1 GHz (They out of the box base clock).  Well apparently the CPU multiplier is a total sham because it doesn't do anything.  So here's my question.  What gives?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic