ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H150M Pro4 Motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wongwc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H150M Pro4 Motherboard
    Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:36pm
Hi
I'm using H150M Pro4 motherboard with following devices:
1) Pentium Celeron G3920
2) 4Gb Ram
3) 120Gb SSD
4) PSU Cooler Master V850W
5) GTX 1060 (6Gb) GPU cards - 3 units

When I plug in the 4th GTX 1060 (6Gb) GPU card, i found my PC can't boot.

The bios setting of motherboard as follow:
1) Primary Graphic Adpater - Onboard
2)PCIE Link Speed - Gen1
3) IGPU Multi-Monitor - Enabled

Please assist me to solve the problem or pm me if you need any further information.
Thanks in advance
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by wongwc wongwc wrote:

Hi
I'm using H150M Pro4 motherboard with following devices:
1) Pentium Celeron G3920
2) 4Gb Ram
3) 120Gb SSD
4) PSU Cooler Master V850W
5) GTX 1060 (6Gb) GPU cards - 3 units

When I plug in the 4th GTX 1060 (6Gb) GPU card, i found my PC can't boot.

The bios setting of motherboard as follow:
1) Primary Graphic Adpater - Onboard
2)PCIE Link Speed - Gen1
3) IGPU Multi-Monitor - Enabled

Please assist me to solve the problem or pm me if you need any further information.
Thanks in advance

You have the standard problem with a PC configured for mining with multiple video cards.

Windows or whatever OS you are using allocates some of the DRAM memory for use by the system. Each video card uses some of that memory for its basic usage. Three cards are using all of that memory, no more is available. Adding the fourth card fails because there is no more or not enough of that memory to give to that card.

Some ASRock mother boards have an option in the UEFI/BIOS, Chipset Configuration screen, called Top Of Lower Usable Dram (TOLUD). Setting this option to Dynamic allows the amount of the system allocated memory to be increased as needed.

But as I said not all ASRock boards have this option. Your board's manual does not include it, but it might be added in a UEFI/BIOS update. I have no idea if your board's UEFI has this option.

Since you have only 4GB of memory in the board, that limits the size of the memory allocated to the system. Adding more memory to the PC might cause the amount of memory allocated for system use to be larger, but I cannot predict if that will happen or not.

One thing you can try to fix this is change the amount of memory allocated to the Intel iGPU. That option is in the Chipset Configuration screen, the Share Memory option. It is set to Auto by default. Try setting it to one of the smaller values. Again, I cannot predict if that will work or not.

If you don't have the TOLUD option in your UEFI, you would need a custom UEFI/BIOS that adds that option. But with only 4GB of memory now, it might not help you with the fourth card.

Using four video cards is also putting a high load on the power draw from the PCIe slots. Some boards have an extra power connector to supply more power to the PCIe slots, but your board does not have that feature. Some people with your problem will get the PC to boot after adding another video card, but the card will not be recognized in Windows. In your case where the PC won't boot usually indicates an excessive power draw from the PCIe slots, which cannot be fixed without the extra power connector on the board.

Boards meant to be used for mining will have the TOLUD option and the extra power connector for the PCIe slots. In your situation, you may have one or both of these problems.

wongwc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wongwc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:06pm
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Unfortunately my PC able to boot 1 time after changed the TOLUD and Share Memory options setting.
Second time reboot whole PC is not able to work again even I took out the all GPU cards and just use onboard graphic card. The screen is blank and go to sleep which means no signal from the motherboard.

I try to reset the CMOS according to the advice in the forum, but the PC still don't work now. When I press the power bottom, I can see my CPU fan is turning but the screen remain blank.

Any advice?

wongwc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wongwc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 6:27pm
Ok i found the problem.

After resetting CMOS the default setting off Primary Display is set to PCIE instead of Onboard Display.

I change the display connector to GPU card and got display after reboot again.

I have put back the bios setting and now running with 3 GPU cards.

Still can't put in the 4th GPU. Now worry wrong bios setting will cause the PC can't on.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic