ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disable onboard LEDs for Reset/Power Btn?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disable onboard LEDs for Reset/Power Btn?
    Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:33am
I have the Asrock Z370 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming i7.

I read that the Reset and Power button can/should be switched off when you've entered Windows, however mine stay on. There's also a small red LED next to the Dr Debug 7-segment display which stays lit.

Is there a UEFI setting to control when they're switched off?

Porsaan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porsaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:44am
I asked the exactly same question :) 
This is the answer i got 
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp%3FTID=6451&PID=38619&#38619

There is no way to turn them off, so tape is your friend. (i know, lame). Hope they fix it with a bios update. 

Edited by Porsaan - 30 Oct 2017 at 9:53pm
Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7. EVGA DG-87 EVGA 1080 8700k
Samsung 960Evo/950Pro
Corsair Rm1000i
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Porsaan Porsaan wrote:

I asked the exactly same question :) 
This is the answer i got 
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp%3FTID=6451&PID=38619&#38619

There is no way to turn them off, so tape is your friend. (i know, lame). Hope they fix it with a bios update. 

I replied in your thread, did you try my suggestions?

BTW, your link to your thread does not work.

Edited by parsec - 30 Oct 2017 at 9:08am
Porsaan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porsaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:56pm
Thanks again for reply. 
I tried setting the deep sleep s5 to enable, but the lights are still there. 
(well when the pc is idle, i do not use power saving features in windows 10. This is a gaming pc, so i turn it off when it is not in use). 

Samsung 960Evo/950Pro
Corsair Rm1000i
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 12:23pm

Thanks again for reply. 
I tried setting the deep sleep s5 to enable, but the lights are still there. 
(well when the pc is idle, i do not use power saving features in windows 10. This is a gaming pc, so i turn it off when it is not in use). 

The Turn On LED in S5 option in the same screen disabled, with Deep Sleep set to S5, did not work?

You could flip the switch on the PSU if it matters that much.

You must have a windowed PC case, sitting next to your bed, or something like that.
Porsaan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porsaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 7:04pm
I think you misunderstood me, i want to turn the lights off while the pc is on. And yes i have a big window on the case (evga dg-87) It is in my work room so i do not have to look at all the time.
Samsung 960Evo/950Pro
Corsair Rm1000i
izbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:52pm

I think you misunderstood me, i want to turn the lights off while the pc is on. And yes i have a big window on the case (evga dg-87) It is in my work room so i do not have to look at all the time.

Same for me. I'm looking for a setting to turn these LEDs off when the PC is running.

If it's impossible, then I'll look at alternatives to either cover them up, or to incorporate them into the theme.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by izbit izbit wrote:

Same for me. I'm looking for a setting to turn these LEDs off when the PC is running.

If it's impossible, then I'll look at alternatives to either cover them up, or to incorporate them into the theme.

Yes, that was not clear to me at all.

I highly doubt there is a way to turn off the UEFI/BIOS indicator LEDs. The only potential option that has any chance of doing that would be the option to turn off the Dr Debug display, if you even have that option. But I doubt it would work.

I suggest using some black hobby paint to cover the LED. You guys would be unhappy with the red HDD activity LED in a Lian Li case I have, that is otherwise all blue themed, if I adjust it that way. Of course I could disconnect it from the board's header, but it doesn't bother me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic