ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z77 Professional - Win10 compatible?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by alexandrebr alexandrebr wrote:

Latest BIOS version, of course (2.90). I haven't used W8 and never cared about fast startup. BIOS is set to default values, apart from the XMP profile and some minor adjustments (keyboard power on and fan speeds). I know there's an option in BIOS called fast boot but have never changed the value because my main drive is a SSD; I don't know if it's something needed to work with Windows Fast Startup as well. 

Anyway, I haven't also claimed users should buy another brand and I know Intel is responsible for the drivers to the developed chipsets. But, considering Intel provides chips for board manufacturers, I think there should be some effort from Asrock or from any other brand towards W10 drivers implementation by Intel. At least a word from Asrock about the subject. 

I was not referring to you about buying another brand of mother board, that has been done by others in this and other threads. I was not only replying (more of a reaction on my part than a reply) to you, but to some of the other people having problems with Windows 10.

I'm sorry if I seemed (was) rude, it's frustrating for me to be unable to solve some of the Windows 10 issues people have. While Microsoft seems to want all of their user base to move to Windows 10, how can that happen if three year old hardware is not completely supported?

I agree a Z77 board is not old, I have two myself. There is all kinds of older hardware that is still in use.

But if full support via drivers is not available now, that does not mean it will never be. Windows 10 Update no longer gives us the option to install updates, it just does it on its own. So an update might happen one day that fixes something, and we may not know why it happened.

When I was using Windows 10 Technical Preview versions, I used drivers for Win 8.1. I still suggest that to anyone that cannot get a Windows 10 version for their board. I had great results using Win 8.1 drivers.

Every time a new version of Windows is released, we have issues like this. Every time a new version of Windows is released, MS does it differently. We survived the previous releases, and we'll survive this one too.

The Fast Boot option in the UEFI/BIOS is not related to the Windows Fast Startup feature at all. Each works independent of the other. There are no UEFI/BIOS settings that affect Fast Startup.
Turmio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turmio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:34pm
Just noticed that Z77 Extreme 4 got download page updated to Windows 10

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/

Thank you Smile
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 5:04pm
Dear customer,
Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

The Z77 professional officially supports Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 32-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 8 32-bit / 8 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit / Vista??32-bit / Vista??64-bit / XP 32-bit / XP 64-bit.
For Windows 10 drivers, we provide the test drivers for users on our website at current.

Please refer the link as below: 
http://www.asrock.com.tw/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z77%20Professional/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Thank you for your patience.

If any, please feel free to contact us!

Kindest Regards,

ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic