ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Killer SLI/ac Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Killer SLI/ac Problems
    Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 1:56am
Hello, I just completed my new build that includes a Z370 Killer SLI/ac with an i5-8600K CPU and 16GB Corsair Vengeance SDRAM, and I am having some slight problems.

I flashed the BIOS to v1.10 and everything is fine until I go into the BIOS and change something, after that it will not boot, I only get a black screen and I have to reset the CMOS using the jumper.

I have flashed back to v1.0 for now and everything is fine, I can change anything and everything and it is fine, I never have a failure to boot. Another thing I have noticed is that the on-board WAN Radio will not turn off. I would really like to upgrade to v1.10 because it states it has better CPU performance and also has the overclocking presets, but that doesn't seem possible for me.

I have reported these issues to tech support, but after 2 days I have yet to get a response from them. Can anyone tell me exactly how long it could take to get a response? OR does anyone else have these problems with this board, maybe with a difference CPU or memory kit?

Thanks.

Deviant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 5:08am
Ok then...

I have since had a conversation with ASRock tech support about this problem and the poor lady I talked to there had absolutely no idea what I was even talking about.

Anyway...

Seeing as how my system works 100% perfectly as intended with the out-of-the-box BIOS version 1.0...I figure this has got to be a problem with the new BIOS update (version 1.10). Could it possibly be my choice of RAM and CPU? I dunno. I picked a memory module that was listed on the QVL list. Can anyone please tell me how I could forward this problem to the people responsible for creating these BIOS updates? I would just like them to be aware of this issue I am having in hopes they can find a bug or problem with BIOS update version 1.10 and fix it with the next update.

The whole thing isn't a big deal, really, I know I have no great need to update my BIOS. It just urks me and I would like to be able to flash to newer versions and have the latest additions, fixes, and enhancements that they make, whatever they may be.

Then again, maybe it is just my board and I'm stuck with version 1.0...either way, seeing as it works fine with the original BIOS, it's not worth tearing my new PC apart to RMA the board and go without a PC for who knows how long, which is what support wanted me to do.

Thank you.

Tzhou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tzhou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 3:09pm
My mobo is having an issue where everything turns on but there?™s no signal going to the monitor. Any ideas?
colesky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:11am
Same issue here with my Z370.  No video.  Tried many configuration and no dice.  

Nelutu#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelutu#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:22pm
I had the same issue, no posting. I took it step by step, and I realized the RAM wasn't compatible.
I had 2x4Gb. Changed to 1x8Gb 2400Mz an all OK.
Nelutu#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelutu#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:36pm
Hi!
The MB Z370 Killer SLI doesn't recognize all GPUs. It only recognizes 4 out of 6. 
I have 6 GPUs type NVIDIA GForce GTX 1070Ti. 
There is no problem with the cards connections as the identity of the GPUs that are not recognized changes when I reboot.
I have disabled all of the items I don't need from BIOS and Windows's Device Manager. However, in the Device Manager, for the cards that are not recognized I get this error message:
"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12). If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." 

What should I do to get all six GPUs going?

Thank you in advance!    

Regards,
Nelutu

biddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 3:45am
Originally posted by colesky colesky wrote:

Same issue here with my Z370.  No video.  Tried many configuration and no dice.  

I had this exact same problem, and the only way I got it to post was to only use one stick of ram in the B2 slot.  B1 also worked as well.  But dual channel would not post, and I'm on the verge of returning this board because of the ongoing issue.  I cannot get 16gb of ram to work on this board, at default speed(2133) or the ram's rated speed (3200), and this ram is on the QVL list. 
Fellowvet6295 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fellowvet6295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:37pm
I had the same issue. No signal to monitor with everything running. My bios came with 1.10. I checked over everything,flashed the bios and all. But after looking over it again I noticed a 3 header pin North of the CPU that I pugged the fan into. After looking in the manual I noticed it was not listed, so I removed the fan from those connectors and it posted. Make sure not to mistake that 3 pin connector that sit near the top edge of the motherboard North of the CPU as a fan connector. I'm still not sure what it is for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic