ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 freezing at reboot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trolleyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:05pm
I've replaced the CPU and the problem is gone. My computer is working like new again. I am not overly optimistic yet, as the previous CPU was working well for about 2 months before the problems started.

Turns out the MB is fine. I did not even clear CMOS after installing the new CPU and it works just fine.

Edited by trolleyfan - 10 Mar 2018 at 5:08pm
davemc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:33pm
I have had some success now with resetting the CMOS - I don't want to say it's fixed but so far so good - I have had one freeze but no issues with rebooting/restarting (and frankly it seems most people with this motherboard are having ongoing freezing issues).
trolleyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trolleyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by davemc davemc wrote:

it seems most people with this motherboard are having ongoing freezing issues

I'm not getting any freezes anymore after I replaced the CPU. So it appears that the CPU was faulty, not the motherboard.
davemc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:24pm
I found my solution which was unfortunately to change motherboards - switched to an ASUS B350M-A and problems gone - system works perfectly.  

Maybe it was a combination of CPU (Ryzen 2400G) and RAM (Corsair LPX) it just didn't like - guess I'll never know - but its sorted now.
sakib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 11:20am
mine also
sakib
shamimurrahman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamimurrahman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 4:47am
I have the same problem.
Doesn't boot up from reboot.
Previously fixed idle freezing by disabling "cool quite" and "suspend to ram".
But now can't fix the problem where it doesn't boot up from a reboot.

Asrock ab350m pro4
Ryzen5 1600 OC 3.6ghz
Geil Evo Spear 2400mhz 4x4 gb ram(xmp profile)
Gtx 1060 6gb OC 2025mhz
Bios 5.10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic