ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics and Internet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JVanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphics and Internet
    Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:36am
I built my system 11 months ago and until recently it's been working flawlessly.
Within the last couple of weeks 2 things have started to happen.
1) While playing World of Warcraft I have gotten black screen crashes.  It hasn't happened during periods of high demand like multi person raiding.  Just when I'm tooling around.
2)I'm now having difficulty connecting to the internet.  No flags from the device manager. No flags when running network diagnostics although I get the prompt to run it.  Takes much longer to find an retrieve a page, if I can get it. 

Since these 2 issues have suddenly happened together I can only wonder if it is a motherboard issue.  I have updated the drivers for all but with no change in effect.

I am using:
Asrock H170 PRO4
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Intel i5-6500 processor
16 mb Ram
1TB hard drive
250GB SSD where I have all base programs running off of
Running Windows 10

The black screen crashes might suggest it's a graphics card problem.  Internet connectivity issues could be the device on the MOBO.  Both happening together all of the sudden makes me wonder if its a MOBO problem.

What further diagnosis can I do?  All devices indicate device is working from the device manager.
Thanks.
JV
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by JVanson JVanson wrote:

I built my system 11 months ago and until recently it's been working flawlessly.
Within the last couple of weeks 2 things have started to happen.
1) While playing World of Warcraft I have gotten black screen crashes.  It hasn't happened during periods of high demand like multi person raiding.  Just when I'm tooling around.
2)I'm now having difficulty connecting to the internet.  No flags from the device manager. No flags when running network diagnostics although I get the prompt to run it.  Takes much longer to find an retrieve a page, if I can get it. 

Since these 2 issues have suddenly happened together I can only wonder if it is a motherboard issue.  I have updated the drivers for all but with no change in effect.

I am using:
Asrock H170 PRO4
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Intel i5-6500 processor
16 mb Ram
1TB hard drive
250GB SSD where I have all base programs running off of
Running Windows 10

The black screen crashes might suggest it's a graphics card problem.  Internet connectivity issues could be the device on the MOBO.  Both happening together all of the sudden makes me wonder if its a MOBO problem.

What further diagnosis can I do?  All devices indicate device is working from the device manager.
Thanks.

Have you checked CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming?

Have you cleaned the inside of the PC case, and checked for dust build up on the CPU cooler and GPU?

No mention of the PSU being used which is the heart of any PC.

What are you using for the Internet connection, wired or wireless?

I've never had a problem with Intel networking chips, which your board has. If you have the Intel network driver installed, the Device Manager Properties for the Intel network chip has several tests in the the Link Speed tab, have you run those tests?

An Internet connection should be up and running by the time the Windows desktop is displayed, and never drop out. Have you restarted your router/cable modem lately? Tried a different network cable? Are you using the XFast LAN software? If so, uninstall it.

Do you shutdown or restart the PC at all? Or just Sleep and wake it?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic