ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help X370 Killer SLI ups the mem timings by itself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help X370 Killer SLI ups the mem timings by itself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help X370 Killer SLI ups the mem timings by itself
    Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 10:48pm
Guys any idea why my memory speeds goes up by itself? AM4 Advanced memory I already tried disabling and enabling looks like it isn't doing that idk what even do.

Anyways this is the timings I have set on my mobo:

And this is what ACTUALLY get:

Just look at dat high trfc wtf why its doing that??

Edited by Trender - 18 Nov 2017 at 10:48pm
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:09pm
did you accidentially NOT  confirm the trc ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Trender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

did you accidentially NOT  confirm the trc ?
Nope it is confirmed, it shows it on the bios, it just loads those timings for some reason :s I tried resetting them several times and it just doesn't crash nor something, it boots fast and on 1st time with those timings, im suspecting its latest 3.40 bios
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 1:13am
where are you getting the timings from ?

stilt?
chew?
elmor?
or using 1usmus ryzem timing calculator ?

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Trender Trender wrote:

Guys any idea why my memory speeds goes up by itself? AM4 Advanced memory I already tried disabling and enabling looks like it isn't doing that idk what even do.

Where do you see that your memory speed "goes up"?

If a memory timing setting that you entered does not make sense, which means it is wrong for some reason such as it is not supported by your memory or does not correlate with other memory settings, the UEFI/BIOS will correct it to a value that makes sense for your memory. The corrected value may not be the best possible value, but it is one that will allow the memory to complete POST.

tRC and tFAW were also corrected, among others. Are the settings in the first RTC screenshot supposed to be for your exact model of memory?

I've tried to use Stilt's timings on my AM4 board and G.SKILL FlareX memory. Some of them were also corrected/changed by my same ASRock board's UEFI, version 3.20. Not to the extent that your's were changed.

Stilt uses an Asus mother board, so its memory settings will not exactly match those of an ASRock board. You won't get a perfect one to one match between different boards. Plus the settings can't possibly be perfect for any model of DDR4 memory.

Trender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:27am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Trender Trender wrote:

Where do you see that your memory speed "goes up"?

If a memory timing setting that you entered does not make sense, which means it is wrong for some reason such as it is not supported by your memory or does not correlate with other memory settings, the UEFI/BIOS will correct it to a value that makes sense for your memory. The corrected value may not be the best possible value, but it is one that will allow the memory to complete POST.

tRC and tFAW were also corrected, among others. Are the settings in the first RTC screenshot supposed to be for your exact model of memory?

I've tried to use Stilt's timings on my AM4 board and G.SKILL FlareX memory. Some of them were also corrected/changed by my same ASRock board's UEFI, version 3.20. Not to the extent that your's were changed.

Stilt uses an Asus mother board, so its memory settings will not exactly match those of an ASRock board. You won't get a perfect one to one match between different boards. Plus the settings can't possibly be perfect for any model of DDR4 memory.

Okay just know what was it. When you don't enable the XMP profile and well then u have to set all the timings in Advanced it isn't exactly normal like when you set it on OC tab with XMP, its actually hexadecimal or something
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 5:32am
i tend to set xmp
then go into the ram timings tab below it to adjust and then save

all on the oc tweaker tab

not in advanced where as you say a lot are in hex

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic